Second Skin Audio

Sub died, looking for options

Hello everyone, I feel like every 2 weeks I come here with a different question.  Sorry for that, I just lost my American bass xd1244 and am looking into replacements.  Current box is 1.75 cuft tuned to 32hz, my amp is an Orion xtr1500.1d, my car is a 2012 Altima sedan.

I was running the American bass sub at 2ohm and would like to run the next one at 1ohm to maximize the output of my amp.  The amp is rated 1500rms at 12.4v but the birth sheet says total rms is 1730, the voltage is not listed.  

I really don't know what I want for the next setup, I has thought about a couple of 8's in a smaller box so I could have more trunk space, would 8's be able to take that power and not cost an arm and a leg?  If not what would be some good brands for 12's that won't really break the bank but take the power of the amp?  For budget I'd like to keep it below say $350.

There are lots of options in that price/power range. 

Fi SSD 12 is the first that comes to mind. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 minutes ago, buildinggam said:

Thanks guys, a question about the ssd12 it says rms is 1250 if my amp does end up putting out 1700rms wouldn't I just run into potentially damaging the sub?

Not likely if the signal is clean, but you can always turn the gain down.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

44 minutes ago, buildinggam said:

Thanks guys, a question about the ssd12 it says rms is 1250 if my amp does end up putting out 1700rms wouldn't I just run into potentially damaging the sub?

You can easily put 2,000 watts (or more) to a 1250 watt rated sub as long as you are observant.  You should have nothing to worry about. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I run 3k to 3 Sundown SA 10’s rated at 600RMS each , clean power and they love it been banging for 2yrs now no issues . Distortion is the number one killer of subs people always want louder and turn the gain just alittle bit more and boom , subs gone.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

5 hours ago, buildinggam said:

I would recommend you the Fi SSD Neo 12, it's $359 and it's rated 1750W RMS.

Archived