Sundown Audio

Opinions "Good & Bad" on Hifonics Colossus 35th anniversary Mount Olympus (3,250rms)

BONES

Hello, I'm looking into this amp an was wondering the good and bad things about it. I know it's not the best of amps but would it be good enough? Im thinking of hooking it up to either 1 PSI 12" Platform 3 or to 2 PSI 12" Platform 3

Thanks

IMO, it's tough to beat the Orion XTR-2500.1Dz for the $$. They are selling for around $350 or less right now at you'll get a solid 3kW at 1 ohm. HiFonics 3250 watts is around 2500. Remember, even if they say CEA rated, this only refers to the 4 ohm rating. You can see my test of the BRX3016 to get an idea of how these amps are "overrated". My video of the Orion XTR-2500.1D is the older model, the Dz has a few hundred more watts at 1 ohm.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Thanks for the info Big D. I thought about it an I'm just gonna drop the money on a DD M Series. I would just end up selling the hifonics in the future to get a better one anyway, so I might as well just wait an get a better 1.

Archived