Sundown Audio

2 sundown u series 12” or one sundown zv5 15”?

I’m debating if I should get 2 12” u series subs or one 15” zv5 sub. I want to be able to feel the most bass. If I got 2 u series subs I would give them 2000 watts each making 4000 watts total and if I had the zv5 series I would give it 4000 watts. Which should I go with?!?

Go with what fits your space better.  All else being equal I'd probably lean toward two 12"s over one 15".  

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I was at down4sound Monday getting an xp3000 battery and looked at the u series in person. They seem to have the same soft parts as the sa12's with a bigger motor and a 3" voice coil... The baskets suck balls too. Not really an upgrade over the sa12's imo

39 minutes ago, SubbinNCali said:

Performance wise I would bet that they are a nice upgrade.  You plan on inverting them or something? Or you just want the look of the basket?

Performance wise I know they'll get lower and probably sound better. I just think at $$380 they should have the better baskets. The sa12 baskets are a lot better imo. In the $400 price range subwoofers shouldn't cut corners on the basket. A lot of people invert their subs. This is all jus opinion. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

45 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Performance wise I know they'll get lower and probably sound better. I just think at $$380 they should have the better baskets. The sa12 baskets are a lot better imo. In the $400 price range subwoofers shouldn't cut corners on the basket. A lot of people invert their subs. This is all jus opinion. 

I hear ya.  Its all about what YOU want.  Why not refurbished Xv.2 12's?  $329 each and you'll get both of what you want.  IDK

3 hours ago, DiBo said:

I was at down4sound Monday getting an xp3000 battery and looked at the u series in person. They seem to have the same soft parts as the sa12's with a bigger motor and a 3" voice coil... The baskets suck balls too. Not really an upgrade over the sa12's imo

I wonder why they changed the basket?

Edited by Sub craze