Second Skin Audio

Port noise

Ernest

That should be enough port area.  What's your intended tuning frequency?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

That should be enough port area.  What's your intended tuning frequency?

Even tho its enough port area, does the increased surface area in the port due to the 10:1 aspect ratio cause more friction? Is there an aspect ratio you recommend in general for slot ports?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

3 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Even tho its enough port area, does the increased surface area in the port due to the 10:1 aspect ratio cause more friction? Is there an aspect ratio you recommend in general for slot ports?

The high aspect ration certainly isn't ideal.  I like to keep aspect ratios under 5:1 if possible and 8:1 is my absolute upper limit.  Increasing port area can compensate for an undesirable aspect ratio.  In the OPs case, he has enough port area it shouldn't be a problem.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

The high aspect ration certainly isn't ideal.  I like to keep aspect ratios under 5:1 if possible and 8:1 is my absolute upper limit.  Increasing port area can compensate for an undesirable aspect ratio.  In the OPs case, he has enough port area it shouldn't be a problem.  

Yes the high aspect ratio is a problem that I am concerned about. What are the negatives that I should expect from it being that high? Will it cause port noise, or just loose a bit of output due to the higher surface area...”are the sparks going to ignite the fumes or my dust cap going to twist”?

Archived