Sundown Audio

Help with Mmats Amp

Liquid Arthur

Hi,

A friend gave me a Mmats amp.  Old school cool all the way, I would love to run it, but...

It powers on and will bump a sub, but it emits this high frequency noise from both the amp and the speaker.  It's very loud.  I opened it up and put my ear close and found where it is coming from.  I have the arrow pointed to it in the pic.  I think it's a funny shaped capacitor, maybe? I really don't know.  Does anyone know, what it is and where I can get another one?  Or is there a schematic I can get?   Do you think it is likely the culprit?

My other problem is, I don't know what amp this is.  The model stickers have fallen off.  It could be a D200 HC, but I'm not sure.  I'm posting pics, to see if anyone knows exact what model.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

I've tried googling it amongst other searches, and believe it to be one of the D?00HC Series, trouble is all three of them look exactly the same once the sticker falls off.  I'm hoping someone will know it by the "21410" sticker on the bottom.  

It makes the noise even hooked up on the bench, I'm not sure about the gain, I may have to play with that.  

Contact MMATS.  Theyre still kickin

And they do repairs.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived