Too much distro block right?

So i bought a half power and half ground smd distro block, AND bought the quad anl fuse holder. Thinking i would run a 1/0 pos-neg from my battery to the halfNhalf block, then run positve runs to the fuses then from the anl fuses to the amps? There will be one more amp later for the sub. But i dont need that positive half of the distro right? Because i have the anl fuse distro. Fuck i over complicate things, sorry. Just tryna lay this simple amp rack out.

Also i have a doule anl distro for under the hood. One fuse for the alt charge wire and the other fuse for the run going to the back of the truck. 

4ED68686-B87B-4017-BF18-5B0BA3800E63.jpeg

46FD649D-08B0-4F92-8A96-E16218E416E9.jpeg

I don't think your over thinking it. Do you have a second battery? Or just the main battery up front?

IMG_0418_zpsmj5mj1dw.jpg

I just received these items for trunk rebuild. I have 3 battery's going in the trunk and running 2 runs of 0 gauge to them.

IMG_0422_zpsm9cdtsjd.jpg

So i will have the dual fuse before the battery's and the quad for my 4 amps. I got the grounding blocks for battery's and 2 amps. My other 2 amps are mounted under front driver and passenger seats with grounds near amps. I have 8 RF analog fuse holders from previous trunk set up, as nice as they are the SMD one are more compact and look better.

I couldn't see a need for the dual power and ground in my case. Maybe it is good under the hood or for larger builds?

Yah see i dont think i need the dual power distribution either. Its a smaller build. One highs amp for the 2in wide-range drivers in the dash. One mids amp for the 6.5 in the door and one sub amp(not purchased yet). I will only have one run of 1/0 coming from the single front battery to the amp rack, one power one ground. 

So ill have a dual anl under the hood, one quad anl at the amprack. All i need after that is a ground distro for the amprack, no need for another power distro right? I just ordered  a single (6spots) SMD ground distro off the amazon store. Probably sell this halfNhalf block later.

Over thinking no, getting too much, maybe.

The only trick you need to do is buy what you need, and only what you need, anything more is overkill and wasting money you could have spent elsewhere.

Pencil and paper drawings will help you get a visual and idea on what all you need, plus it allows you to look back at some of the ideas you had running through your head at any given time.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

2 hours ago, Skullz said:

The only trick you need to do is buy what you need, and only what you need, anything more is overkill and wasting money you could have spent elsewhere.

Pencil and paper drawings will help you get a visual and idea on what all you need, plus it allows you to look back at some of the ideas you had running through your head at any given time.

You can never have enough Fuses, Fuseholders and speaker wires though...

lots-of-fuses.jpg

speaker-wires-1.jpg

10pack-fuses.jpg

fusebox.jpg

tech-flex-1.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

10 hours ago, Skullz said:

I agree with this. I always try to sketch out my power runs, battery's and grounds to see what i need. Living in Alaska i can't just go and pick up something i forgot or need. Shipping can take a week or more so i do over order.

7 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

This truck build will probably only have total around 2100 RMS at the most. Probably less than 2K total

I hope you have a good alt & battery so you don't have any issue's.

4 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

I hope you have a good alt & battery so you don't have any issue's.

Going to just try going off stock alt and battery at first. I have a VM-1 so ill be watching voltage. Hoping just a 1/0 big 3 upgrade on stocks will good enough. If i see that i need a lil more juice ill start with a xs battery swap. If its a lot of juice needed then ill go for a alt. 

9 hours ago, Skullz said:

Lol yah i think i got more than i needed. When i drew out plans, i was drawing the power block AND the anl block in my plans lol. Just a lil lack of car audio knowledge, still a noob but im learnin. I knew my plan was wrong when i had it laid on my table like that in the pic, and i was thinking about all the connections there would be just for power. Thats when i realized i might not need the power block half of that distro. So i could go with a smaller block just for grounds. 

Archived