96 Thunderbird very slow daily build

I had so much I wanted to do to mine but some days it would run like a champ and other days it wouldn't even start. Took out the factory seats and put some basic thunderbird seats in it so I could get the trashed 35th anniversary seats repaired but never even made it that far before calling it quits.

photo2.jpgMVC-011S.JPGMVC-043F.JPGMVC-015S.JPGMVC-035F.JPGMVC-037F.JPG79521162117_3300_2.jpgMVC-044F.JPG

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg, looks nice can’t wait to see them subs in person, Once you get yours done might convert mine to 4th order ......... anyways looks bad ass hope it keeps up with the Juggernaut wall you had before... can always test your wall with my power ?

On 5/9/2018 at 6:48 PM, major dead said:

Well I got a little more work done and made a few mistakes. 1f620.pngFirst mistake was underestimating how much of a pain it was going to be trying to make this wall as big as possible (compound angles apparently not my strong suit). and another was going a little overboard with spray foam lol.

First was welding in a good ground point. The car is uni body so I tried to pick the meatiest part of the body to attach things too. 

113YC2E.jpgYlUiNte.jpg

I'm going to attach two 1/0 cables to this and run them to a distribution block for the amps

mcBYE1V.jpg

This is starting on the back wall. The lower frame and upper piece sandwich over whats left of the rear deck and is screwed and glued into the body.

S1lSsbU.jpg

Here is a shot of the first layer of the upper side of the wall and second back wall

v3gqH2V.jpg

1SC3TAv.jpg

I have to make a angled piece for the top to back connection but I thing i might try just fiber glassing all the weird angled sections that i'm going to have left 

D819efl.jpg

This probably isn't the best idea but I had to relocate the upper seat belt mount so I could get the wall all the way over and sealed off. Here is the new upper mount it will be bolted and welded to the factory location and surrounded by layers of the wall.

UMfEr94.jpg

tXlSM3y.jpg

h6zGsWD.jpg

And here's one of the fuck ups.

8Lh6VW1.jpg

1Xr6MIY.jpg

It looks like I might have went a little too heavy on the spray foam and it pushed out the bottom of the window just a little and it pealed the paint off the glass. I think to fix it is I'm going to try and just cover the whole window with vinyl.

There are no such things as fuck ups! ? looking good so far man..that seat belt is anchored better than it was before I’ll tell you that ??

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

15 hours ago, olumpa said:

Greg, looks nice can’t wait to see them subs in person, Once you get yours done might convert mine to 4th order ......... anyways looks bad ass hope it keeps up with the Juggernaut wall you had before... can always test your wall with my power 1f633.png

Hell yeah test your amps a .5 and test my glue joints at the same time lol. just have to find a place to do it try it lol 

14 hours ago, PaCiFiKbAllA said:

There are no such things as fuck ups! 1f602.png looking good so far man..that seat belt is anchored better than it was before I’ll tell you that 1f602.png1f44d.png

OK not fuck ups "Happy accidents" lol 

Well I got a little done on the recones last night.

test fitting the parts after trimming them

tTEf4k6.jpgoizhg8s.jpg

direct leads going on and heat shrieked 

uoLd82Z.jpg

Ej9WtV5.jpg

Y6tzTPU.jpg

Currently i have one basically at the point of a drop in kit just gotta trim the cone on the other one then double check the gap for trash and they should be good to drop in.

Tuned in!  ☺️

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 months later...

Archived