• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bcbrassard said:

Did you ever post vids of the other system done? And playing?

Done???????lmfao that build is still where i left off ?. Just the 8s in the doors.  When i get the time i just work on the truck because it seemed like i could get this one done quicker. 

I really wish the charger was done, or atleast had my 4andtweet in it. The 8s  vibe pretty damn hard, makes these 6.5s look weak. But i guess thats just cuz theyre 8s and able to go lower with more power and the doors are well deadened on the charger, the truck has no sound treatment yet.

Fucking clean work man, And those amps.... I hate you!! Plus the speakers... thats too much. lol.

I can't believe you haven't finished the car! I go back to work every spring and lose track of builds. I hope you can finish this one, at least get them mids and highs playing.

58 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Fucking clean work man, And those amps.... I hate you!! Plus the speakers... thats too much. lol.

I can't believe you haven't finished the car! I go back to work every spring and lose track of builds. I hope you can finish this one, at least get them mids and highs playing.

Lol thanks man. I got that lil four channel bridged to the L2SEs in the dash, still sounds great, they get almost too loud for me. I havent done much EQing yet, just set the gains with the DD1+, used the polarity pop check tool thing. I normally just use the "natural" preset EQ. The "powerful" EQ makes it distort and stuff at high volumes. But on natural most stuff can play great at 60-61 volume. The gains were clean up to 62 tho, on both amps. 

Im kinna hesitant with the chargers build because my next step is fibreglassing. I have to fiberglass some pods for the dash or Apillar. But ill do it after the truck. 

Right on man. System looks killer.

Pods are easy, seeing your quality of work you will do just fine. You just have to attack it. Hardest part is testing speaker location and fabricating rings to the a-pillar, fiber glassing and filler is easy. Make the shape you want and finish it smooth. Paint w/ texture or wrap with material.

Archived