150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consider trying out a center port design as well. I've grown very partial to symetric boxes to avoid any loading issues for the subwoofers.

And you get the benefit of the port bracing the middle of the box, the downside being it takes up a little more volume. But in certain situations a driver side port yields better scores, so only way to know is testing.

Just a thought

I have the same Router and Husky Table ~_~

I just need to drill two holes for the raising and lowering of the bit. I also had to get longer bolts to mount it under the table.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

3 hours ago, moh.vze.com said:

I have the same Router and Husky Table ~_~

I just need to drill two holes for the raising and lowering of the bit. I also had to get longer bolts to mount it under the table.

3/4" #10 24 thread lol. Drilling same holes for mine haha

29 minutes ago, DiBo said:

3/4" #10 24 thread lol. Drilling same holes for mine haha

I also have to make the countersink on the three stock holes a little wider to get the screw to flush down a bit more.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

That's why I build my 7 cube net box in 2 parts. So I can remove the back half in order to get to the amps in the spare tire well. I have room for batteries on either side of the box so when I add 2 more I'll have room.

The front half of the box is spray foamed and sealed tight to the trunk, the rear half can unbolt from the inside of the box and be removed. Might be an idea to look into.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

5 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

That's why I build my 7 cube net box in 2 parts. So I can remove the back half in order to get to the amps in the spare tire well. I have room for batteries on either side of the box so when I add 2 more I'll have room.

The front half of the box is spray foamed and sealed tight to the trunk, the rear half can unbolt from the inside of the box and be removed. Might be an idea to look into.

Very interested in this^^^^ I would absolutely love to make something work. If I can figure out a similar method of this I'm 100% willing to try. If you have pics or examples I'd love to see them

2 hours ago, DiBo said:

Very interested in this^^^^ I would absolutely love to make something work. If I can figure out a similar method of this I'm 100% willing to try. If you have pics or examples I'd love to see them

Check his signature for BL link.  Pasted below bc its worth seeing an 18 in a 7cuft box in the trunk

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Hahaha thanks. Yea It helped make things possible. Basically just 2 boxes, with holes cut in each leaving a 1" or so lip all around. A whole bunch of 3/8ths holes and bolts to secure the 2 together. Used some wide foam weatherstrip in between to seal it up. Got the idea from someone else on here. Seemed easier than building inside the trunk. And its removable to an extent

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived