150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

I'd post pics says their too large but guys I got hosed on my first budget build guy sold me recones a warn amp and very badly designed box not the kind we talked about just need help designing a single fourth order have outside dimensions prefer to message 6602513817 pay through PayPal for design and advice 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Josh King said:

I'd post pics says their too large but guys I got hosed on my first budget build guy sold me recones a warn amp and very badly designed box not the kind we talked about just need help designing a single fourth order have outside dimensions prefer to message 6602513817 pay through PayPal for design and advice 

Uh,.. boss,... this is an actual thread, ..... a thread, with a exact point. If you need some assistance, for say, a enclosure design, scorll down to to the sub enclosure header. Ask, and or start YOUR OWN thread having to do with that, in that group Welcome to the forum bud. 

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/11-subwoofers-enclosures/

Yeah, I get knowing what you sleep but if you're daily'ing a build it shouldn't make 2 shits of difference what the number was. I was in the lanes competitively and only checked my clamp rating for giggles and a bass meet one night, not even at a sanctioned event. Like Kyle said, the amp either makes power or it doesn't. Are you gonna sell an amp and jump ship to another brand because you're getting 600 less Watts than you think you should? 

Box is coming along nicely, looks really good. So does that beefy Wolf, Colin sells a solid product. 

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have a few gaps in my trunk wall. Haven't 100% sealed it off yet. I definitely have cancellation. Should gain a tad bit by doing that. Rear firing in these Maxima's works pretty well..I prefer the clean, no rattling, sound from forward fire. I was also clipping the Orion till the point of thermal protection within 20 min of play time. For some reason, after I did my system overhaul ( adding second 1/0 run and sound deadening, new lower tuned Birch box) it seems the gain on my amp only needs to be about 1/4 of the way up. Like a dumbass a DD-1'd it and didn't like where the gain was so I turned it up a lil more after finding distortion at less than halfway up. I'm a fuckin dumbass sometimes. Anyways, turned it down last night significantly without pulling out the DD-1. Also learned the DD-1 isn't the end all be all to clipping. Clip lights on the S&I Corp are worth it Imo. Gonna throw in the Wolfram this weekend after getting another 120ah AGM. I'll gain

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

keep working.. its a never ending battle that will keep you spending money trying to push a limit only needed to be reach in ones mind.

Stay thirsty my friend

:ninja:

I think I could hit 150 with 2 12's and a lot higher tuning... I think close with low tuning works for me. 145.79 isn't close. Not bad for a single 15@31hz tho. I'm going to eventually hit a 150 in this trunk. WITHOUT SPENDING A TON to do so.... Well, time is money tho lol. Just got a 100% confirmation on a dual alt kit for the Navigator so I'll be building that for the next year starting pretty soon here. There's Also a competition in Bullhead City on the 22nd so I think I'm gonna go. Usaci region finals or something??  Having fun

Archived