150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, DiBo said:

20180917_212108.jpg

Gonna try a Zv5 @.5 on the Wolfram 4500.1  I was rising to a little over 4 ohms with the team woofer only giving it 1600 watts... Maybe I'll peak @2-2.5 with this dual 1. If so I should be able to give her around 2.7-3k?? First time wiring down. 

Havent run 1ohm or higher in years. Not even on my doors...

Ok so I got an apocalypse AAK 4000.1d because the Wolfram sound was horrible ( user error) and I couldn't get it to hit really or sound good and it was cutting out on certain songs with certain bass frequencies wired to a [email protected].  Well, seems like my deck has been the problem the whole time. My dumbass split the front signal because I burnt up an RCA jack or one of the outputs on the deck and I didn't notice that the crossover, that went down to 50 hertz with a -6 to -18 decibel slope... Is a fookin hpf!! High pass filter. So basically the rear channel has been powering my subwoofer with the crossover set to 50hz -12db but instead of it crossing over from 50 and down it's been crossing over 50 and up so my subsonic on my amp has been set at around 28 maybe 25 Hertz and the filter has been set to only let in 50 and above they've been fighting each other causing a bad signal I believe. Tones sound okay but when I play music it sounds like s***. I hooked up the AAK 4000.1d last night and I had the crossover on the deck turned off, man that shit was pounding!! this also explains why I peaked at 46 instead of the 31 that I peaked at before. I just spent $1600 on equipment cause I'm fookin stupid. Too much ? I guess. Lol Damn legal weed in Vegas!! I'm too lit!! 

Archived