150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

57 minutes ago, lightfoot said:

Make sure to seal up those 6x9 holes in the rear deck as well.

Currently occupied by some infinity kappa 6x9's. Some nice ones for the price. Gonna have to get some doors and A pillar action crackin...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technical difficulty#1

Box I have now is, coincidentally, Max sz for trunk opening. I didn't measure well when I started... Got lucky it fit!! Box is 36x24x15. I have room in the trunk tho for a lot more than 1'³. My box now nets 4'³. I'm gonna need to build box in trunk. Damnit! 

I'm up for A-pillar ideas and links and rear deck lid ideas and or links. Rear 6x9's need to be removed I believe and openings dealt with ( thanks Lightfoot). I'll consider any input. Including the ones that take a lil more work. 

You may like to know that pulling off 150+ db in a sedan is not terribly hard to achieve...  Peep this...

I have a single 12" K6 and it is more than enough for me...for now.  Very affordable too! Probably wouldn't want to run 5k to them all the time though...just illustrating that it is possible to get 150+ db without serious hassle.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

On 4/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, Crazy 8s Drums said:

You may like to know that pulling off 150+ db in a sedan is not terribly hard to achieve...  Peep this...

I have a single 12" K6 and it is more than enough for me...for now.  Very affordable too! Probably wouldn't want to run 5k to them all the time though...just illustrating that it is possible to get 150+ db without serious hassle.

I am a little confused on this so maybe you can help me out..

You state that pulling a 150 is not terribly hard to do in a sedan yet you post a video of skip doing numbers in a suv?  I don't know if you have ever had a 150db musically trunk car ( a trunk car that plays music over 150) but you going to need more thank the power he has in order to achieve that score. I mean sure maybe burping in the kick at 55hz and not being able to play music will be pretty easy but I believe hes going to want to go for a music build.

:ninja:

2 hours ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

You state that pulling a 150 is not terribly hard to do in a sedan yet you post a video of skip doing numbers in a suv?  I don't know if you have ever had a 150db musically trunk car ( a trunk car that plays music over 150) but you going to need more thank the power he has in order to achieve that score. I mean sure maybe burping in the kick at 55hz and not being able to play music will be pretty easy but I believe hes going to want to go for a music build.

This^^^. So far my main problem is box sz. If I ultimately decide to go with the 2 X12's I need 5^³.... Box needs to be built in trunk basically. Trying to decide if chasing a number is worth it. Not to doubt the science and knowledge behind the 150db trunk... But I could do it without question after researching this tremendously over the past few weeks. Easily and without question are 2 totally different statements so don't take that the wrong way SMD. 

1) ELECTRICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) ENCLOSURE, ENCLOSURE, ENCLOSURE!!!

3) Seal the trunk off and fire forward

4) CLEAN POWER!!

5) sound deaden

6) at this point I believe vehicle Acoustics comes into play. My 04 Maxima is built well and kinda tear drop shaped. The acoustics are good! 1 sa12 on 1000 watts beats nice and hard. 2-12's fired forward on about 6k RMS should suffice... That's a hellava trunk setup for a noob. Lol what you guys think? Should I go for it or leave the db's to my new Navi build? 

2 hours ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

Ummm im lost as well.... in the back of a suv, is WAY different than a trunk, and looks like a kick score, which, i believe is for pussies, outlaw, meh as fuck. And is that at 54hz ? jesus,...... my doors handle 50 and up,.....

The OP didn't state what kind of 150db he hoped to achieve.  A lot of you guys brag about your 160+ db scores...and many of you got those scores doing the same lame burp tests.

(..and I don't know why I thought Skip was in a sedan...must have been a brainfart on my end.  Still was pretty nice to see the same subwoofers I use handle 8x more power than they are rated to do.)

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived