150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

honestly i would suggest the following...

I would fire forward... it will also be easier for you to seal off from the front as well.  I know a few who have done well over a 150 with only a couple of 10's.  You don't need 4 8xs like i have in order to achieve your goal.  The ONLY reason that I have so much power is because some said that i wouldn't do it and that it couldn't be done.  You also need to decide what 50 you're look for?  Is this a burp 50 that can play music or is this a very musical 50 that you can play around 32-38hz?

I will say that you're going to need more that the power you are planning to use if you are planning on doing a 50 musically.  There are a lot of variables involved.  Once you upgrade your power remember that you are going to need electrical to support that power as well.  I wouldn't skimp on alt and batter power.. or alt and caps or alt and lithium, which ever you can afford.  I am not here to bash you but to give you a few pointers.

My car was never built for a meter.. it was built to play music and do it very loud.  I wouldn't be to concerned with the score unless you plan on competing.  if this is just for going to shows and demoing then forget the score and measure your install based on how people react to your system when you demo for them.  You will always find yourself upgrading and wanting more and more to get louder and louder.

I wish you well in your venture, remember to be courteous, listen, and never thing that you are above anyone.  There are many people these days who act like they know everything and with the vast amount of information they believe that everything is right.  Don't be that guy ( and I am not calming that you are by the way).  I always try to help as many people as I can when I would go to shows, you will get a long way by doing this.

If there are any other questions please let us know.

Regards,

:ninja:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

honestly i would suggest the following...

I would fire forward... it will also be easier for you to seal off from the front as well.  I know a few who have done well over a 150 with only a couple of 10's.  You don't need 4 8xs like i have in order to achieve your goal.  The ONLY reason that I have so much power is because some said that i wouldn't do it and that it couldn't be done.  You also need to decide what 50 you're look for?  Is this a burp 50 that can play music or is this a very musical 50 that you can play around 32-38hz?

I will say that you're going to need more that the power you are planning to use if you are planning on doing a 50 musically.  There are a lot of variables involved.  Once you upgrade your power remember that you are going to need electrical to support that power as well.  I wouldn't skimp on alt and batter power.. or alt and caps or alt and lithium, which ever you can afford.  I am not here to bash you but to give you a few pointers.

My car was never built for a meter.. it was built to play music and do it very loud.  I wouldn't be to concerned with the score unless you plan on competing.  if this is just for going to shows and demoing then forget the score and measure your install based on how people react to your system when you demo for them.  You will always find yourself upgrading and wanting more and more to get louder and louder.

I will you well in your venture, remember to be courteous, listen, and never thing that you are above anyone.  There are many people these days who act like they know everything and with the vast amount of information they believe that everything is right.  Don't be that guy ( and I am not calming that you are by the way).  I always try to help as many people as I can when I would go to shows, you will get a long way by doing this.

If there are any other questions please let us know.

Regards,

:ninja:

This post was the shit. I appreciate your experienced advice. I'll give a detailed rundown of what I've done. With pics sometime today.

1. Electrical) 1/0 throughout. 100%ofc.

Mechman 270 ho alternator.

Xs power xp3000 (back) Bosch AGM g24 ( front)

2x volt displays.

If it were me(not an expert) and I was running 4 or 5k I would plan on at least 2 more of the xp 3000s. But that's just me.

For an AA 3800.1 I'm running a 270 amp alt, D3400 under hood, and a 73 AH K2 lithium in the back. But I went overboard lol.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived