150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

37 minutes ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

just to comment on a few things here.  There are a few people who were able to pull off those numbers with a few 15's and a ported box.  Some with a lot of power and some with not a lot of power.  Some playing above 40 hz and a few getting those numbers even at 30hz.  Pretty much all i have to say on this..

:ninja:

So looking at DB Drag records, there's a fella from Brazil doing crazy trunk numbers with 1st and 2nd place world records and the next guy in line is almost 6B behind that. 

The point being, the list of guys doing 155+ out of a trunk has to be very short.  If I'm wrong, I'd love to see what these guys are doing.   Not like I'm going to try to get a trunk loud but I'd be fascinated to see who is doing what.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, hispls said:

So looking at DB Drag records, there's a fella from Brazil doing crazy trunk numbers with 1st and 2nd place world records and the next guy in line is almost 6B behind that. 

The point being, the list of guys doing 155+ out of a trunk has to be very short.  If I'm wrong, I'd love to see what these guys are doing.   Not like I'm going to try to get a trunk loud but I'd be fascinated to see who is doing what.

Db Drag isn't the only org and i agree with you the list of guys doing 155+ out of a trunk is very short.. the list of guys doing it musically is even shorter.  I'm not into audio so i have no clue who is doing what.  Just wanted to make a comment.  

:ninja:

7 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

Also, you're not planning on doing ANY wood on the roof, right?

Pardon my ignorance, but why would this be a bad thing?  My roof tore before I added wood.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

4 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Pardon my ignorance, but why would this be a bad thing?  My roof tore before I added wood.  

One thing to consider is if OP plans to compete putting wood on the roof would put him into extreme modified class.  Otherwise, it'll almost definitely help get louder and prevent destroying things.

2 hours ago, hispls said:

One thing to consider is if OP plans to compete putting wood on the roof would put him into extreme modified class.  Otherwise, it'll almost definitely help get louder and prevent destroying things.

Oh I see... As of rt now no plans on wood. Thank you for the heads up also. 

The reason I brought up wood on the roof was for the same reason already answered, that places him automatically in an Extreme or Radical class in any of the orgs he'd plan to compete with. That's all fine and dandy if he likes taking home a last place trophy at every show he goes to. Around here it will take a 158+ to even be considered competitive in those classes. 

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

And to your point Hispls, the equipment I'm referring to is the use of Neo in motors more readily, for superior cone control/motor force and cooling, plus the efficiency of lithium in batteries. Sundown and Fi are making some big advances in subs and they're able to take a lot of ground pounding and extreme abuse compared to their big ferrite ancestors. I gives I'm lucky enough to know a few builders that get stupid loud with minimal cone area.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Here ya go. 2 part box. Both fit in independently through the trunk opening. Then climb through the sub hole and bolt the 2 together. 7 cubes net. Port flares aren't installed in this pic.

U191xO5.jpg

vAFnP7l.jpg

5AvHqWC.jpg

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

4 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

And to your point Hispls, the equipment I'm referring to is the use of Neo in motors more readily, for superior cone control/motor force and cooling, plus the efficiency of lithium in batteries. Sundown and Fi are making some big advances in subs and they're able to take a lot of ground pounding and extreme abuse compared to their big ferrite ancestors. I gives I'm lucky enough to know a few builders that get stupid loud with minimal cone area.

Neodymium motors have been around 10 years anyway, I like em for the weight savings mostly.  They'll give the top tier competitor an edge (most importantly with extreme power levels) but for practical purposes 1dB or so that they gain is still nearly inaudible. 

I'll have to agree that all around subs that'll handle huge power mechanically are a lot more accessible, as is cheap power.  Lithium I still think is the biggest win for pretty much everybody.  Sacrificing so much space and carrying the weight of AGM batteries has been a very big limiting factor.

14 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Here ya go. 2 part box. Both fit in independently through the trunk opening. Then climb through the sub hole and bolt the 2 together. 7 cubes net. Port flares aren't installed in this pic.

U191xO5.jpg

vAFnP7l.jpg

5AvHqWC.jpg

That is very much the sort of thing I'd try to build in a trunk if I were to try to build up a trunk car. 

Archived