Need a new DSP on the market

3 hours ago, robsimon799 said:

anyone other want to hurt my feelings? where is steve, i'd like him to look at the specs and see what he thinks.

maybe rockford would like to build it. i just wish alpine would let me talk to them, they don't have the time

Im not trying to hurt your feelings, just trying to help you realize that you dont have a need for what it is you think you need.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i think and know i need it. i can't find cross overs to match it and do what i want.

to control each and every channel and amp and speaker with one unit would be a good thing. each speaker would have a 2 independent EQ's and cross over points lp/bp/hp to equal out the fs band of the speakers and amps. 

then 2 main EQ's for all channels for playback from what they did in the studio with mixing the track then studio playback when they had the EQ in the studio set at some fucking redickuless settings or they didn't think of what it sounded like with no EQ

Wasnt trying to be mean either. You could use one amp for each speaker that has band pass capability for some of what you want and the Dolby there was a dvd In dash at one point with the  dolby decoding and all the preouts needed back in the day want to say Sony but not sure 

7 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Wasnt trying to be mean either. You could use one amp for each speaker that has band pass capability for some of what you want and the Dolby there was a dvd In dash at one point with the  dolby decoding and all the preouts needed back in the day want to say Sony but not sure 

i think it was jvc.

16 hours ago, robsimon799 said:

its for people that want more out of thy, er systems. and like to tune a large amount of speakers and subs.

in my truck, i was trying to find away to tune 6 way set of speakers in one door. 8" sub, 10" mid bass, 8" mid range, 6 1/2" high range and  horn, super tweeter 

each with there own amp or channel and the 8" sub with a way to have them play sometimes mono and independent in the doors for DTS or anything i want

acoustically that doesn't make sense. Give me a example of a high end speaker system that uses a 6-way setup and sounds really good. Even the old JBL pro series monitors only used a 4-way and they are a pain in the ass to get to sound decent and don't handle reflections or timing issues or a myriad of other things well. They are complicated and extremely hard to tune, you fix one thing and screw up ten others. And oh by the way that's in a acoustically dampened room where you can move them around a lot more and not a car.

Also most audio on a cd is mixed stereo not DTS. Unless you are playing movies or very specific SACDs DTS is useless for 99% of the population.

If you want to tinker buy some drivers from partsexpress or madisound and plug them into a MiniDSP setup. They have a car audio DSP that's affordable. Theres enough in those plugins to keep you occupied for awhile.

You're going the wrong way man, instead of 50 billion speakers you should be looking for the smallest amount of drivers and amps that will give you the best sound in your application which is like 10% the drivers job and 90% EVERYTHING else in the car.

14 hours ago, robsimon799 said:

i think and know i need it. i can't find cross overs to match it and do what i want.

to control each and every channel and amp and speaker with one unit would be a good thing. each speaker would have a 2 independent EQ's and cross over points lp/bp/hp to equal out the fs band of the speakers and amps. 

then 2 main EQ's for all channels for playback from what they did in the studio with mixing the track then studio playback when they had the EQ in the studio set at some fucking redickuless settings or they didn't think of what it sounded like with no EQ

you can find amplifiers with integrated bandpass filters which to me would mean they are true 3-way crossovers. Zapco comes to mind.

Also audiocontrol has a bunch of stuff as well that would work.

You can grab an EQ to add on to the setup as well, parametric/graphic whatever floats your boat. Also MiniDSP have a lot of options.

I don't understand the 2 independent eq comment either. Also fs doesn't matter as soon as you put it in an enclosure, its a rule of thumb to usually tune you enclosure above the fs but its more about safety i.e. cone control than anything. You CAN tune lower than the fs. A lot of what you are talking about sounds like notch filters and l-pads etc. which can be accomplish by FIIR filters. IIR filters would act more like a eq shelf type filter.

9 minutes ago, aculous said:

acoustically that doesn't make sense. Give me a example of a high end speaker system that uses a 6-way setup. Even the old JBL pro series monitors only used a 4-way and they are a pain in the ass to get to sound decent and don't handle reflections or timing issues or a myriad of other things well. They are complicated and extremely hard to tune, you fix one thing and screw up ten others. And oh by the way that's in a acoustically dampened room where you can move them around and not a car.

Also do you realize most audio on a cd is mixed stereo? Unless you are playing movies or very specific SACDs DTS is useless for 99% of the population.

If you want to tinker buy some drivers from partsexpress or madisound and plug them into a MiniDSP setup. They have a car audio DSP that's affordable. Theres enough in those plugins to keep you occupied for awhile.

You're going the wrong way man, instead of 50 billion speakers you should be looking for the smallest set of drivers and amps that will give you the best sound in your application which is like 10% the drivers job and 90% EVERYTHING else in the car.

you have to put pro car audio together to get 6 way. and ill be going with 4 18" ground zero audio subs and 2 35000 watts rms amps so i need the mids and highs like so

when im listening to music 

3 minutes ago, robsimon799 said:

you have to put pro car audio together to get 6 way. and ill be going with 4 18" ground zero audio subs and 2 35000 watts rms amps so i need the mids and highs like so

when im listening to music 

...are you looking for a SPL or SQ setup? I feel like I know the answer to this question.

4 minutes ago, aculous said:

...are you looking for a SPL or SQ setup? I feel like I know the answer to this question.

With his goals and thoughts on equipment, It's going to be difficult to accomplish either .... just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived