Second Skin Audio

can someone model these subs for me?

akuma4u

hey i want to build a dual 12 sealed set up and am trying to find a good pair of 12 inch subs that will work well in a sealed box in about 2 cubes net for the pair.. i got about 2000rms to work with

these subs look nice but no idea how low they will play sealed, so can someone model these and let me know? also if anyone knows any 12 inch subs in the 750-1000rms range that will play well and get low and flat across the bandwidth and play all types of music well with great SQL (sq with spl) please let me know ..

thank you

https://crystalaudiosolutions.com/shop?olsPage=products%2F12-cs6

So the the red line is for the CS-6 and the green line is for the SA-12, plots are for in-car performance, boxes are both Vb = 1 cubic feet. Sealed.

cs6.jpg

Not very different to the SA-12, if anything the CS-6 is a little more efficient. 

Thanks for that..joe are u aware of any good 1000rms range 12 inch drivers That will work well or better than cs6 in a sealed box? I have been told the dc audio lvl 3 works great sealed. Can u compare that to cs6 in graph pls? 

And according to graph the cs6 sa12 should both be able to play 20hz to 100hz and have a flat response ?

Here's the DC AUdio L3 12 (in red) against the Sundown SA-12 (in orange):

dcl312vssa12.jpg

Turn out that the SA-12 models a little more efficient than the L3, both will take 1K power.

Here's the DC AUdio L3 12 (in red) against the CS-6 (in yellow):

cs6vsdcl312.jpg

The CS-6 looks overall more efficient than the L3, I assume the CS-6 can take 1K power.

On your second question, most drivers compatible with sealed boxes will model flat at lower range frequencies and that is because sealed roll-off more or less cancels out cabin gain, ideally.

Archived