Second Skin Audio

Am I maximizing the space for my Chevy Spark?

Vexser

I would try different firing positions. My zv3 12 that I have, I ran it facing up with the port up, it sounded great. but once I turned the box facing to the side in my truck, it made a hell of a difference. 144.5 to a 149.2.... firing positions are a good place to start

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

Well, I bought the 8" Sub thinking there was no way I could fit a high-excursion 10" or 12" in my car. So, I figured I was stuck buying the 8" sub I have now.  So, I originally made this thread as a "Help - How can I improve this subwoofer!"  However, when I saw some 'premade' boxes for Sundown X10V2, I saw the dimensions were very-close to what I could fit.  Due to this, I got a bit excited, and was like Hey! If I can seriously fit a X10 V.2 Sub in my car, I would 'love' to Sell my 8" sub+box, and craft the 10" sub box.  I actually just sold a Sundown ZV3 12" Recently, to possibly set aside to get the X10 V.2, but only if It fits.

So, That's why I was requesting spec-help with the 10. If it's possible to fit that sub, I'd very much love to...As I've always wanted to have that insane excursion, I love how deep those subs sound.

If the space is just far too small, Not at all possible, Then I'll scrap the idea, and play around with sub-up / other combinations as you guys suggest.  Sorry if I made any confusion!

Archived