help choosing Fi subs

vroom

hi guys new to this site! im in process of redoing my car system and would like some experienced advice regarding Fi subs. i have 4 cubic feet to spare and 1200w to 2000w of rms power. my question is which combo will give me the most low pounding bass? 2 12" ported box / 3 12" sealed box / 2 15" sealed box / 1 18" sealed box? looking at running the neo Q series subs. I currently have a T1 15" RF in a ported box running on 1200w and its not doing it for me, so i want to improve on this. Oh and i generally listen to electronic music. cheers for any advice

Below 50 Hz, the two 12"s in a ported box is going to have the most output, by a significant margin.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, vroom said:

Ok wow never would have thought that. Will 12's still out perform around 33-35hz? 

Depends on where you tune to, but assuming you are going to tune in the low 30s, 33-35 Hz is where the ported box is going to have the most advantage over the sealed options.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived