Need some help finding a good crimper.

I am going to be using these connectors for my grounds and positive connections when I redo the wiring, but having a issue getting them to crimp tight anymore so I need to find a cheap but good crimper that can crimp these tight.

6jmypt.jpg

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

I was thinking that as well, but lil more then I had planned to spend since this will be only used for a lil while.  But I guess that is what it will take to do the job to get it done right and not have any loose connections.

Thanx for the reply!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

$37 is probably a fair price. The only cheaper thing I could tell you to do, is to get a piece of steel, tap it for some threaded rod, dremel out a die shape, and crank it like a homemade press. But that's nearly an hour long job, and you probably don't have much to drill steel with and tap well on hand... 

If you don’t want to spend that much do you have the ability to solder? Takes longer, and a little  more of an “art” to solder a lug properly, but solder is cheap

if you have the tools to solder already. 

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

39 minutes ago, 79 cutty said:

If you don’t want to spend that much do you have the ability to solder? Takes longer, and a little  more of an “art” to solder a lug properly, but solder is cheap

if you have the tools to solder already. 

I have a soldering iron and solder but I the one I got is from radioshack and kinda old and I tried it already on a crimp I did a while back and it took 2 long to get the metal to even heat up to be able to solder

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

For lugs you would need a torch to get hot enough, soldering iron wouldn’t work. So if you have solder you could easily pick up a small propane torch from

Menards/Home Depot/Lowes, etc. for $15-20

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Archived