Nissan fusible link block

On 4/18/2018 at 8:11 PM, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Hey there gents and ladies.

I have been trying to refine the install of the Big Three and bolster the stock electrical system.  To do so, I have upgraded battery terminals, using 0 gauge to a 4 channel fused distribution block, which then routes a 4 gauge OFC line to the alternator and a 4 gauge OFC to the trunk where it is tied to an additional small XS battery and then to the 5 channel amplifier.

The trouble I had doing this was with a Nissan factory fusible link block that was directly attached to the positive post.  What I did to keep that fusible link block is to run a short length of 4 gauge to it from the new battery terminal...but it just hangs there now and I don't like it just hanging there.  I would like to do something with more strength to make sure that thing doesn't fall off someday when I drive over a pothole or some crap.

It seems that many newer Nissan / Infiniti, and likely other brands, use a fusible link like this and I would like to know what others have done to relocate the block or just eliminate it.

Thanks in advance!

If you check my Nissan build you will see what I made to address that.

Both of the boxes you made for your Altima are outstanding!  Love them both!  Excellent detail work.

This is how I handled that fusible link thing...

car2.jpg

Just a tiny length of 4ga from the (+) terminal to a bolt in the fusible link.  I think it will do OK in the long run but it still bothers my OCD crap and will consider better ways of handling it. Your use of a different battery terminal looks like a good fix.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

9 hours ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Both of the boxes you made for your Altima are outstanding!  Love them both!  Excellent detail work.

This is how I handled that fusible link thing...

car2.jpg

Just a tiny length of 4ga from the (+) terminal to a bolt in the fusible link.  I think it will do OK in the long run but it still bothers my OCD crap and will consider better ways of handling it. Your use of a different battery terminal looks like a good fix.

Yes no doubt it will work.  Here’s a funny thing, I did the big 3 and added another run from alt to fusable link and that nut that secures the OEM wire to fusable link was impossible to loosen.  It took many attempts to loosen it without breaking it.

Archived