Nissan fusible link block

Hey there gents and ladies.

I have been trying to refine the install of the Big Three and bolster the stock electrical system.  To do so, I have upgraded battery terminals, using 0 gauge to a 4 channel fused distribution block, which then routes a 4 gauge OFC line to the alternator and a 4 gauge OFC to the trunk where it is tied to an additional small XS battery and then to the 5 channel amplifier.

The trouble I had doing this was with a Nissan factory fusible link block that was directly attached to the positive post.  What I did to keep that fusible link block is to run a short length of 4 gauge to it from the new battery terminal...but it just hangs there now and I don't like it just hanging there.  I would like to do something with more strength to make sure that thing doesn't fall off someday when I drive over a pothole or some crap.

It seems that many newer Nissan / Infiniti, and likely other brands, use a fusible link like this and I would like to know what others have done to relocate the block or just eliminate it.

Thanks in advance!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I dont have a pic of the fusible link block by itself, but you can kinda see a bit of it in this image. The positive terminal (left) has a clear colored 0 gauge that goes to the distro block that you can see somewhat in between the battery and the airbox. The cloth-tape wrapped red cable is about 6" long and is bolted right to the hole in the fusible link block. (I cut that red 4ga cable a bit too long so it is arched over a bit. I will probably trim that down a couple inches tomorrow so it won't be so noob looking.)

distro block.jpg

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

...and maybe one other question that is related to this. I am adding an additional small XS MX600 in the trunk, instead of a cheesy capacitor, and I am uncertain if I should have two fuses on that circuit to the battery.  There is a fuse in the distro block, a 150a, and also a fuse holder with a 120a mini ANL fuse in it on the 4ga that goes to the trunk. Does the 4ga to the second battery in the trunk need 2 fuses? (one right by the starting battery and the second right by the additional small battery)

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Looks good. Nice option to use.

IMG_2615_zpsdzb3pf2f.jpg

This is my set up. Dual post Blue top, Stock wiring is in the inner posts and Big 3, Alt runs, and runs to rear batts. All 0 gauge. 100 amp RF fuse on stock electrical to shut off when working on car or not driving for long periods.

6 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

...and maybe one other question that is related to this. I am adding an additional small XS MX600 in the trunk, instead of a cheesy capacitor, and I am uncertain if I should have two fuses on that circuit to the battery.  There is a fuse in the distro block, a 150a, and also a fuse holder with a 120a mini ANL fuse in it on the 4ga that goes to the trunk. Does the 4ga to the second battery in the trunk need 2 fuses? (one right by the starting battery and the second right by the additional small battery)

You should always fuse before the battery and then after for your amps. SMD makes killer fuse holders i upgraded to instead of single RF ones.

IMG_0422_zpsm9cdtsjd.jpg

I haven't installed them yet. still working on trunk rebuild but these will be used.

I did my daughters Suzuki Sidekick system like this. 

IMG_2750_zpsx2rjze6l.jpg

Dual post battery with stock connections on lower post and audio on upper posts. Small 700 watt system but wanted a clean looking electrical. RF dual fuse. 0 AWG to dual 4 AWG. Big 3 also. Budget build around $500 for everything.

That is some balls deep battery action, BC!  Steve's distribution gear is no bullshit, all function goodness for sure!  Thank you for your input in this.  I really want to do this right because summer is approaching fast and the Phoenix heat puts all this stuff to the test...and I don't want to be stranded when it is 120 degrees outside. lol!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Sounds like you are asking all the right questions. My pleasure to help. Start a build log so we can track your progress. I think to think no build is too small to enjoy. 

Archived