Infiniti i30t work in progress

I would say that is a little bit better than dynamat, but basically the same stuff.  The rectangular pattern allows for easy squishing into grooves because there is a little more 'give' than the flat rolled Dynamat.  Much more affordable too.  $55 for 36 sq. ft.  It stayed put well while putting it on, but didn't stick as immediately as the crappy roofing crap.  This allowed for placing it more easily because it didn't just stick immediately...it stuck just fine when rolled out with the roller.  The roofing crap I had to leave out in the sun to soften and get sticky...this stuff I did not need to do that.  Definitely worth the extra money, though I think that the Kilmat has almost as much surface area per dollar as the roofing crap did.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to add a monoblock amp, maybe Soundqubed or Audiopipe or Skar or something..., and add another 12" sub.  For this I have had to rebuild the trunk floor to support the weight of the bigger box and extra sub.  This is the start of that...

falsefloor_1.jpg

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

The woofer looks decent but do u know if it has the same glue issue as the k9 woofers? Also stay away from audiopoop. Ik the vid recently showed them doing ok but longevity wise id steer away. Both your other suggestions are solid choices. I myself run skar amps and love them. I have the lp1000.1 and a lp60.4. Both work great.

2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

The woofer looks decent but do u know if it has the same glue issue as the k9 woofers? Also stay away from audiopoop. Ik the vid recently showed them doing ok but longevity wise id steer away. Both your other suggestions are solid choices. I myself run skar amps and love them. I have the lp1000.1 and a lp60.4. Both work great.

The K6 has been doing great. I've only known of two peeps to have had troubles with the K9s...EXOcontralto (whom has dozens of videos of him destroying gear and doing hack-job crap)  He blasted 3kw into the K9 immediately after he took it out of the box.  Fuck that idiot guy.... He is a total buffoon.  The other guy also has video of blowing shit up by overpowering it...and he put 5kw on the K9s...  Both of those guys then blamed Rockville...of course...because hack-jobs won't admit they are at fault.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I seen those vids so i researched some. Apparently rockville admitted it was a bad batch of glue or somthing. They pulled all k9s from sale. To be fair the k9s state they will handle 4k peak but i agree they were deff overpowered. Ive heard some people smoked them on rated too wich is 1000 rms. Id expect them to handle that tho. Was just curious because was debating a k6 for a friends budget build.

The 12" and 15" K6s are (supposedly) rated to handle 600 CEA watts.  My single 12" is getting about that and does just fine.  It is certainly built like it should take that, or more.

It will be another 12" K6 that I get, and I think the Soundqubed s1-1250 will be the amp I use.  I may even get a 4 channel from Soundqubed and sell the rockville amp.  The RV amp works fantastic and is a helluva deal...but I have some kind of OCD shit that makes me want symmetry and coherency.  Having two different brand amplifiers would bother me, for no good reason.  lol!  That is also the reasoning for having 2 subs...symmetry.  Stereo = two!  ..and also louder!  :D  (yes, I know it is a monoblock amplifier and not stereo..but aesthetically there will be 2 woofers in there.)

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived