https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Wltoys-12423-1-12-2-4G-Electric-Brushed-Short-Course-RTR-RC-Car-M5H3/192057939208?epid=12007310721&hash=item2cb78b9508:g:A0UAAOSwux5YWJl4

I picked this up around Christmas time for like 60 bucks. have yet to run it outside but build quality is pretty decent. Reliving my childhood a bit lol. What do you more experienced guys think about it? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Wishuponasub This is gonna sound dumb but sometimes 3S batteries are "too much". I would break driveshaft pins in my Stampede when running a 3S (and I had the drivetrain from a Traxxas X0-1 installed...and you can run 6S on those). The 2S will be plenty.

If you need a charger...I have a basic Hitec one for sale...just PM me.

@bsneon98 Only time will tell with that one. On the cheaper ones....servos usually break first. You really get what you pay for with RC stuff. They will break over the smallest crap (and survive bad crashes somehow)....lol.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Slash is a great choice and the rpm upgrades are something you would have ended doing anyways.

I agree with twalker, 3s is too much most of the time anyways, 2s will be way faster than you think it will.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 hours ago, twalker182 said:

@Wishuponasub This is gonna sound dumb but sometimes 3S batteries are "too much". I would break driveshaft pins in my Stampede when running a 3S (and I had the drivetrain from a Traxxas X0-1 installed...and you can run 6S on those). The 2S will be plenty.

If you need a charger...I have a basic Hitec one for sale...just PM me.

@bsneon98 Only time will tell with that one. On the cheaper ones....servos usually break first. You really get what you pay for with RC stuff. They will break over the smallest crap (and survive bad crashes somehow)....lol.

I dont mind upgrading a servo or suspension component, plus having a 3d printer I can make my own shit if I really wanted. If it survives a few jumps a just rips around the yard ill be happy lol 

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to update this with pics. I'll grab some tomorrow. I've been busy as Hell and have had a few issues with this RC. I'm working my way through them though.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived