Back in the day most everyone i ran with ran Ofna buggies, but that was quite a few years ago, but i'm sure they make some seriously capable buggies still.

My take on nitro, is it is smelly, shit just gets everywhere over time, cost of fuel and plugs, and bump boxes or pull starts that can give you issues, after a few seasons of nitro i gave it up for all electric.

EDIT: Battery chargers and packs are quick charge, so it is really handy to have many packs to allow them to cool after use and charging

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Electric is a great with a quick charger and LIPO battery's' usually around 15 minutes of charge time and a bit less of run time. Get 3 or 4 good battery's for each rc and you can have tons of fun. Brush-less motors are fast as shit. I had both 1/10 scale electric & nitro. Had to put a dual tank set up on the nitro because it burned thru the gas super fast. Both where fun but i do like the electrics more.

IMG_2127_zpsa9yjom4t.jpg

Cheap REDCAT brush less i modded out. Don't go cheap, they break a lot. 

Cool cool. I guess I'll look into electric. Once again I haven't done much research but I know on traxxas website some of the batteries are $100+. That shit would get expensive lol but I haven't looked at cheaper brands. I know some things you pay for the name.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

6 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Cool cool. I guess I'll look into electric. Once again I haven't done much research but I know on traxxas website some of the batteries are $100+. That shit would get expensive lol but I haven't looked at cheaper brands. I know some things you pay for the name.

Amazon has a lot of other name brand battery's much cheaper. Charger was like $35 or so. I had good luck with both.

20 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Amazon has a lot of other name brand battery's much cheaper. Charger was like $35 or so. I had good luck with both.

Cool. As I look into it I may Hit you up.

5 hours ago, StreetTerrorist said:

I have a jato 3.3. It's nickname is the boomerang bwhahahaa...fun rc car though..it's my 3rd and most favorite rc..

Do you ever drive it off-road? How does it do? I won't be like rock crawling but 90% of my driving will be in my yard.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

I love nitro but its something you definitely have to be into it to get the most out of it. You still have batteries to charge with nitro (receiver, transmitter, glow plug igniter or starter for traxxas) and nitro cost around $30 a gal. But they are a blast.  I love my old HPI Savage 25 with more upgrades than I care to admit too lol.

LGwKLmd.jpg

vXPwgSp.jpg

And here is my Team Losi LST2 that I converted to electric.

and a short vid of my mini HPI Savage xs elecrtic

I just don't want runtime to be limited by batteries. I do go overboard from time to time but in my mind I'm picturing 4 -8 batteries and 2 4 bank chargers so that we could just run as much as we want. I don't know if that's feasible or overboard lol. What do y'all have? 2 batts and a charger or what, 4 batts?

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

8 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/batteries/lipoly-all-brands.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Mj4597L2gIVR7nACh0goglUEAAYASAAEgIOzPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&___store=en_us

I have nothing but turnigy batteries, they are cheap and get the job done, never had a problem put of any of them and im not exactly good too my lipos, lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

7 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

I just don't want runtime to be limited by batteries. I do go overboard from time to time but in my mind I'm picturing 4 -8 batteries and 2 4 bank chargers so that we could just run as much as we want. I don't know if that's feasible or overboard lol. What do y'all have? 2 batts and a charger or what, 4 batts?

I have 5 or 6 batts, and two chargers for the trucks, and 4 batteries for the boats and i use the same two chargers.

If you get a battery with a high charge rate you can charge them really fast but it shortens the life span.

I think you'd be surprised how good runtime can be too, i can get 30 minutes out of a batt if i dont beat on it too hard.

Usually they last plenty long enough to watch my rustler blow to pieces when i lose control and flip it at 60+mph, lmfao.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived