Sonic Electronix

So I have a 2009 Acura TL tech pack model that I installed a custom sound system in and I'm getting a bit of high pitch whine after driving the car for around an hour.

The sound does not start immediately when the car is turned on but the sound (once it appears, after around an hour of running the car) does not go away when the HU is turned off.

The system is as follows:

0 guage power and ground ran to two kinetik hc600 batteries and the grounded to the chassis off the last battery in line. The powere is ran off the last battery to a distro block then to the amps (using 4 guage) (one rockford fosgate p1000-1d and one rockford fosgate p400-4) Both amps ground to there own kinetik battery (using 4 gauge) and as stated before the last battery in line grounds to the chassis (with one 0 guage ground) I also have a rockford fosgate 3sixty.3 wired in from the factory amp speaker outputs to pick up sound from the HU so I can EQ the signal before its sent to the new amps. The 3sixty.3 then feeds the signal to the amps using Digital Designs buildable RCA cables which I have made to be very short and ran away from the power and ground wires. Due to the placement of the kinetik batteries and the I ran the ground for the 3sixty.3 to the last battery in line and the power to the first battery in line.

My question are should I add a second run of 0 gauge wire to ground out the first kinetik battery to the chassis instead of grounding it to the next battery and if so should I ground it in the same location as the last battery?

And does it matter that I'm running the power to one battery and ground to another on the 3sixty.3?

And why doesnt the whine start until after the cars been running for some time?

AND why does the sound remain after turning off the head unit?

ps the sound goes away if I turn the car off and then immediately back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a first time poster on here so please be nice and feel free to ask me for anything else you might need to help me diagnose this.

Not the prettiest diagram I've made but I hope it helps explain how things are ran.

I'm pretty sure by drawing this up and actually seeing what I did I see several issues with the wiring and now I feel really dumb for asking for help but if anyone has any advice or wants to chime in I'd still like to hear your responses.

system diagram.bmp

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, W3BL4Z3D4NK said:

Just saw this and figured I should reply. No I'm not sure what the ANC mic's are?

Active noise cancellation, you have a mic in the rear middle roof liner & 2 mics near the front dome light, you need to retain one mic up front as its for the bluetooth and disconnect the other two, make a bluetooth call and cover each mic with tape until you figure out which one handles the bluetooth.

Generally I've only seen this effect low frequency noise but the ANC system does stay on even with the factory radio off and could be causing your problems.

Archived