Sundown Audio

Strapped Amps Wiring Correction?

MyNameIsNoob

Hey yall. So im almost thru with the largest project ive attempted to date, but have came across an issue that i believe is due to how ive wired it. 

There are 2 Soundqubed HDC3 15's and 2 Hifonics BRX 3016 amps that ive strapped together.  Everything works, but the output is very weak considering im using two 3000 watt amps. Even my single HDC3 12 and 1700 watt Brutus is much more impressive. 

This is my first attempt at strapping 2 amps together, so i dont have much knowledge to draw on. 

Here is a picture of how i wired it up. Any advice or observations are much appreciated! Thx in advance!

20180421_212712.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i found a few renderings on here that im curious if i understand correctly. This one here looks like i need to add another + & - terminals and have a positive from the master going to one sub and the 2nd positive going to the other sub... not sure if im reading it correctly, but tryna see how to apply this to my set up

1gq6N9.png

On 4/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, MyNameIsNoob said:

This is how i interpret the above photo... Seems to me i need 2 positives and 2 negatives coming out the box where each sub gets its own set? Correct me if im wrong pls

20180421_215118.jpg

Can anyone confirm or correct if this would get me at 2 ohms?

This thing should bang and we almost have the subs broken in, so its ab that time to turn the power up some.!

Your first drawing in ur first post, shows positive of ur master amp going to positive of ur box. Then positive of ur slave amp going to negative of ur box???? U dont have a negative wire coming from the amps? Or is that how strapping works, postive of slave becomes negative? Lol sorry just thought id point out something i noticed. 

1 hour ago, 06RTCharger said:

Something i do notice from the sketchup u found is that the sketchup doesnt include the box terminals. I think u can still use your first design, just add 3 wires and it seems the same as the sketchup. Like this? You can see where i added three wires to ur original drawing.

7938689B-D09E-47F0-8D5F-96CA43698B47.thumb.jpeg.0a37303c97f7f9b0c5ff2bf5a6203aa2.jpeg

Yea the details of the connection points have me unsure if im translating it to my application correctly. I believe i am, but w the lack of terminals in the rendering i have not fully convinced myself... (edit: And im not sure if i can safely add both positives, negatives from each amp into the same terminal. This is why im thinking i need another set of terminals)

Im one of those dot my i's cross my t's, double check n then recheck i didnt cross my eyes sorta guys lol 

Archived