Realizing how horrible Sonicelectronix support is

Im curious to test some on the IMSG but Im not dumb enough to buy some overpriced copper.

The old Stinger King series where the bomb, Theyy where bright pink and thick like coax cable, triple shiielded. etc. Then I had some green Stinger King series and some brown Queen series. Again elso great, made in the USA. Now its all this China shit RCAs with poor materials, connections, crimped not silver soldered connections etc.

I'm surprise SonicElectronix is still a vendor on SMD. They're not even that active on the forums anymore like they use to be. Back in the day they gave us a 5% SMD forum discount.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

2 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

Im curious to test some on the IMSG but Im not dumb enough to buy some overpriced copper.

The old Stinger King series where the bomb, Theyy where bright pink and thick like coax cable, triple shiielded. etc. Then I had some green Stinger King series and some brown Queen series. Again elso great, made in the USA. Now its all this China shit RCAs with poor materials, connections, crimped not silver soldered connections etc.

Ya dude. I didn't wanna shit on homeboys parade, but I feel you pay for the name now. It isnt like it once was with some, hell, most products. Had I dropped that coin on signal carriers, I woulda hit Tony up for some custom length sex for sure. Bummer 

45 minutes ago, moh.vze.com said:

I'm surprise SonicElectronix is still a vendor on SMD. They're not even that active on the forums anymore like they use to be. Back in the day they gave us a 5% SMD forum discount.

I know this may sound odd, but, years ago, I went through sonic for a fucking TON of my blazer build. They proce matched me on a shit ton of it, saving me hundreds of dollars. They were super fast getting in touch with me. In fact I had one guys personal number. He was awesome. Told me to call him and only him when placing any orders. Shipping was hella fast, and the entire process was a joy. Bummer to hear all the negative comments, then, not see them respond when seeing this thread (which I doubt they even did), then, when Brian tagged em, still nothing. Shitty .... real bummer for sure 

11 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Damn man. You paid that much for 2 strands of wire and some connectors, and didnt get some damore ones?!!?. Damn..

Im not somebody that knows/knew about the car audio world. I didnt even know tony made them, i didnt even know ANYTHING SMD until 2016. From my own internet searching those stingers were the best deal and highest quality a noob could find for a car system. I seen other rcas that were in the high thoughsands, for home audio/music studio im guessing.

2 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

Damn man, guess im a dumbass huh? Lol gotta remember i only got into car audio when i joined this forum in 2016 lol im a noob to this shit. 

I had a problem with them pissed me off a whole hell of a lot. Told them my box sounded leaky like it came unglued or had holes in it (came pre-loaded with sub) They told me send it to us you are responsible for return shipping... but if we deem the item non-defective you pay shipping both ways plus 25$ to have them test it (i do believe this was the correct amount at the time i cant remember for sure). 2 way shipping + 25  was more than my item. Whether it is defective or just a crappy leaky product why does that all the sudden become my problem? In my opinion it is their fault if they sold me a defective product, but if not and it is just a crappy quality product why do they have to charge me 100 ish dollars in total to "test it" just to tell me no its not defective Its supposed to sound like garbage.

Im sure Stinger is purely all marketing. Less copper content, smaller cables, more money.. hmm

D'amore doesn't make cables any more, but SMD still makes them but they are not the big ones that are crazy shielded like the D'amore ones. I love my D'amore cables, swapped out to all of them in my truck! Couldnt be happier and not a single cable was no where near Stingers current pricing.

My old pink Stinger King series that where huge, then the green ones in the photo are also Stinger King series as well but slightly newer models than the pink and about the size of 8awg wire where as the pink ones are about 6awg.

The pink King series where $50 for 17 feet and $24 for 1.5 foot.

Then there was the Stinger Queen series which was like the green ones but brown in color and cheaper ends that where black iirc, I think I got Queen Y splitters laying around somewhere here yet.
Click the pics to make them larger.

Man I kinda miss my old gold amps, back when a 3000wrms was considered crazy power! LOL

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Archived