Sundown Audio

RCA's and Multiple amps

badandyturbo

42 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

That would be the cock box kyle suggested.

Yes sir. Ran 3 different ones. People moan about the price, but I dig Scott, and like to throw some cash/work his way.  Again,  it's no line driver,  just simply splits the signal as many as ya want. So far, as many splits as we have needed, bumping up voltage has never been needed.... 

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

Yes sir. Ran 3 different ones. People moan about the price, but I dig Scott, and like to throw some cash/work his way.  Again,  it's no line driver,  just simply splits the signal as many as ya want. So far, as many splits as we have needed, bumping up voltage has never been needed.... 

Are you using a DSP, Kyblack?  The DSP usually boosts RCA output voltage.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

4 hours ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Are you using a DSP, Kyblack?  The DSP usually boosts RCA output voltage.

Nope, nothing in the blazer, ever.

And for a full season, no dsp in the burb. We did then add a Audison, for the discipline we run in the lanes. But, never dicked with voltage. I dont want to boost voltage. I have 4v out on all. No need. 

28 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Nope, nothing in the blazer, ever.

And for a full season, no dsp in the burb. We did then add a Audison, for the discipline we run in the lanes. But, never dicked with voltage. I dont want to boost voltage. I have 4v out on all. No need. 

That is good to know.  Not to hijack this thread, but I have also been trying to find out why or if one would need higher voltage RCA outputs in modern gear.  I think the OP would want to know this too, considering the questions he was asking.  I think maybe the old-school stuff, that I am more familiar with, would have made better use of the higher voltage than the newer amplifiers that have better control....but I am uncertain.  Have you experienced worthwhile gains from higher voltage outputs?  My medium-priced Pioneer HU only outputs at 2v...but I can still max out the amp with that.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Depends on amp gain pot design.  Most amps these days take a 500mV to 6V (or as high as 10), so as long as you set your gains to the proper amount, it doesnt matter if you have 1/2 V or 5V on your input.  Just match all your gear based on their ranges and thats it.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived