Sundown Audio

Eclipse "E" series E34230

rambronco

I own 3 eclipse 34230 (beastly amp ESP considering they are almost 20 years old now) 370x2 @ 4ohm only, non-bridgeable. I just bought an E34230 on eBay, same 100a fuse rating, gonna guess the same footprint but the sticker on the back shows 2-8ohm, going to guess it' bridgeable. Ive only ever seen 1 other (Kinda had to buy it, right? Lol) anyone ever seen any literature on one of these?

Thanks

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Well it arrived, a big "E" in front of the 34230 model number 2-8ohm clear as day on the serial tag. I removed the back and found (insert drum roll here) it' exactly the same, oh and it doesn' work lol. Every piece inside is the same as all the others, I can only guess that the E's are earlier models, not necessarily that E stands for Early but it did have a lower serial number than my other 3. Only a guess but maybe when first introduced they were 2 ohm stable and they had a lot of warranties and changed them to 4 ohm? It is a true dual mono so not bridgeable, I was hoping to have found something really cool. Actually to me a functional 34230 is cool, I hooked this one to the test bench and the power light illuminated for just a second and then off, stays like that unless you discharge the caps, then the light will light for a second, if the caps are charged you get zilch when you connect power.....bummer.  Just thought I'd update you on what I found

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Archived