Second Skin Audio

Help with box design

Sweety

Been trying to work out tuning for a slot ported wedge shape enclosure but have had to give up on it due not being able to work out the length of the port as the distance of the port to the rear panel is different top & bottom & not sure if this would cause problems with the sound my only other option for a wedge shaped box is to go for an aero port but that's something I would have to make as you can't just buy them here in the UK unless you need it 4" long but I might have a go at making an aero port. Anyway if all else fails I will just have to go for a rectangular enclosure & would be grateful if someone could check over these plans for me please & possibly tell me how long the port walls need to be   

enclosure copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the little bump to my post just after scratching my head so many times on how to get an enclosure to give me as much space in the truck I think this could be the final box plan &just would like to know if it looks ok before I go &get the wood &start cutting. I still have no idea where i'm going to put my amp yet as I don't think there is going to be enough room behind the box might try a sort of floating amp above the box 

I would suggest deciding on where to place your amp(s) and other accessories before deciding on the enclosure. Once that is done, then take your measurements for the enclosure.

13 hours ago, reedal said:

I would suggest deciding on where to place your amp(s) and other accessories before deciding on the enclosure. Once that is done, then take your measurements for the enclosure.

I have 2 options for the amp, 1 is to secure a panel to the side of the trunk some how & fit the amp onto that or the other option which i'm quiet liking the idea of due to looks is to make 2 slanted uprights that are glued & screwed to the top of the enclosure with a panel fitted to the uprights which the amp would be secured to so the amp would sort of look as if it's floating above the enclosure

Archived