Alpine CDA-9887R vs CDA-9812RB

Hi,

I,vê had the chance to listen to both head units, and Although the 9887R holds more connections/ connectivity/ option, I have the impression the 9812RB has better sound all together. Does any one share the same opinion?

I am also woundering if for the 9887R unit to sound has great has the 9812R it has to have the imprint active?

thank

movepage

—————————————————————————————————————

HU - Alpine - CDA-9887R

Changer - Alpine - CHA-S624

Amp - RF - R600x5

Front Speakers - RF - P165-SI + Alpine SPG-10C2

Rear Speakers - RF - P1650

Sub - RF - P2D4-10 on Vented Box 

17 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

You could tell the difference,  listening to them on the same system, same car, same everything? And, your telling me, your ears, picked up a difference in between them?   Jesus,..... you have magic ears....

Agreed, that is insane to be able to hear a difference. I could understand a boss audio HU to a nice Alpine HU or Pioneer HU.

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes, I did pick the diferencies, but The settings on the CDA-9887R might not be exactlythe sabes has the ones on the CDA-9812R. In fact the CDA-9887R without the imprint active has a lot more settings than the 12R. Saying this and from your input I will review the parametric eq and xover settings To then compare the sound.

An issue has just popped up to my attention regarding the CDA changer connected to the unit. If I pause the music and turn the sound all the way up i here static. Seems this is a common issue because the AI-net cable has power and signal in the same cable. I was woundering if there is any trick I can use to remove this issue?

many thanks in advance

Movepage

—————————————————————————————————————

HU - Alpine - CDA-9887R

Changer - Alpine - CHA-S624

Amp - RF - R600x5

Front Speakers - RF - P165-SI + Alpine SPG-10C2

Rear Speakers - RF - P1650

Sub - RF - P2D4-10 on Vented Box 

Archived