Front stage ideas??

vroom

Would like some ideas on drivers for my front stage. I plan on running 2 12" subs on a dd audio m4 amp. Trying to figure out what would work well up front? I want it loud but still sound quality oriented. I currently have a set of dynaudio 5.75 comps and a set of A/D/S 4" is series comps, considered running either with 2 7" Fi Audio mids but now looks like i can only fit one mid bass driver in my doors. Throw me some ideas? Or should i just run 2 6.5" components instead? Need some serious midbass to keep up with the subs 

6.5's all day. Sundown sa series is great for the coaxials, or if you want to do components the crescendo pwx 6.5s paired with the sts-1 tweeters is also great. one of my good buddies has the sa speakers all around his car and they sound great and get pretty loud. i have the pwx 6.5s and sts-1's. the component setup needs some more power, but then again it will get louder. its all up to you. but overall I would go with 6.5's

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

Crescendo, Sundown, Mclaren(Never used Mclaren but always heard good things about them), Alpine R series. Ive used all of those except for mclaren and I have liked them. Its more the amplifier choice than the speaker choice. for example, you can put 100 sundown neo pro speakers powered by your head unit or even a small amp and they wont be loud or sound good, or you can put a few of them on a nice amp powered properly, and get them to sound great and get loud. 

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

I had some Diamond Audio Hex's back in the day, Silk option, and maaaan they were good.   I'da put 'em up against Focal's and Dyn's all day.  I wonder if they still make those.  A lot of people like the Alpine Type R's.  How much you're trying to spend is, of course, important.  

People seem to be liking these too.  I haven't heard them but really would love to try them.  My birthday's coming up, but I could never convince the wife that I need more speakers....

https://www.amazon.com/XXX6-5C-Audio-6-5-Component-Speakers/dp/B0056BDRR6/

• 1 month later...

So my system has gone through a few adjustments. Im now going to run 3 DC Audio L3 10's, just had Mark at CAF design the box. Ive had a look through all my old stereo gear and looking for opinions on whats the best mids to use..... my options as of right (what i currently have) i can run 2 pairs of mb quart qm160's or 2 pairs of the old school orion hcca 6's or a 1 pair of the cdt qes-680 ??? Which do you guys think will perform the best?

Archived