Ford Explorer on 8 Massive Hippo 15s, 23 batts and over 200v using tons of stetsom power!! Cabin done @ page 8

Nice job man!  Didnt consider getting taller U-bolts and adding leaf springs like that.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks bro! yeah, all i did was buying stock leafs and adding 3 more custom leafs between stock ones, worked out awesome and only spent like 200$

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang, that top looks killer at night.  in for videos, contrary to whats popular do a half ass distance test, i bet that shit is LOUD from far...

Yea, might need 10 ply tires, LOL

but those leafs really raised it back up to looking great!  and for $200 cant go wrong

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Daaaaaaamnn dude! You sure have come a long way since thedays of testing vinyl sticker material inside a 2512 box to gain 0.1 db lol.

When those HV amps came out years ago i was wondering who would be the firet few guys to have the balls to use one or two in a setup like this.

I like the stetsom amps tho....It was the damndest thing...I was watching tv one day last week and get a knock at my door.  Somebody mustve gone online and bought himself 4 of the big bastard Stetsoms a couple weeks back ;)

I was super excited until I see you saving tons of $ using those HV amps. But I think Ill be ok.

Going to use ur build and all the fun ur gunna be having as inspirstion to get my junk done.

The only things Id have done differently would be:

1)the speakers on the roof...but then again u guys dont things differently down there so who am into judge

2) the inner ceiling panel i think will lose some SPL in those pockets on each side. Although inlike the way it looks...and itll be plenty loud anyway so who really cares lol but if u ever decide to try to tune it a bit for bragging rights on the sensor making those pockets a smooth transition would be a sure gain.

3) that concrete floor seems like a great idea now but most people who do them realltb regret it.

The best way (and obviously fsr more expensive) is to go to a boat supply company or boat builder and theyll have tons and tons of fiberglass resin and hardener there for cheap cheap.  Youll need a fair amount of resin and mix in some play sand from home depot in the mixture for added strength and to make it have more volume.

A floor 3 or 4" thick with solid resin and sand mixture wont crack....ever. And is sandable obviously so you could add an extra thin layer of just resin on top without the play sand...and with that resin sanded down to a mirror finish ud surely have an spl gain but have a badass looking floor too.

Keep up the good work man

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:55 AM, Karkov said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang, that top looks killer at night.  in for videos, contrary to whats popular do a half ass distance test, i bet that shit is LOUD from far...

Yea, might need 10 ply tires, LOL

but those leafs really raised it back up to looking great!  and for $200 cant go wrong

thanks a lot bro, yeah i´ve lacking with vids and updating this topic since i´ve been so busy at work, i´ll do it right now :)

On 6/28/2018 at 12:28 PM, BP1Fanatic said:

Nice lift kit!

i thank you :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

hell ya man, i once added leafs to an f100, started with 3, ended up with 7. at first it would barely haul 800lbs, then it would haul 3500 in the bed no issue. your build looks sick too. those springs are gonna be way more reliable than bags. 

On 6/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, Wagonized said:

Daaaaaaamnn dude! You sure have come a long way since thedays of testing vinyl sticker material inside a 2512 box to gain 0.1 db lol.

When those HV amps came out years ago i was wondering who would be the firet few guys to have the balls to use one or two in a setup like this.

I like the stetsom amps tho....It was the damndest thing...I was watching tv one day last week and get a knock at my door.  Somebody mustve gone online and bought himself 4 of the big bastard Stetsoms a couple weeks back ;)

I was super excited until I see you saving tons of $ using those HV amps. But I think Ill be ok.

Going to use ur build and all the fun ur gunna be having as inspirstion to get my junk done.

The only things Id have done differently would be:

1)the speakers on the roof...but then again u guys dont things differently down there so who am into judge

2) the inner ceiling panel i think will lose some SPL in those pockets on each side. Although inlike the way it looks...and itll be plenty loud anyway so who really cares lol but if u ever decide to try to tune it a bit for bragging rights on the sensor making those pockets a smooth transition would be a sure gain.

3) that concrete floor seems like a great idea now but most people who do them realltb regret it.

The best way (and obviously fsr more expensive) is to go to a boat supply company or boat builder and theyll have tons and tons of fiberglass resin and hardener there for cheap cheap.  Youll need a fair amount of resin and mix in some play sand from home depot in the mixture for added strength and to make it have more volume.

A floor 3 or 4" thick with solid resin and sand mixture wont crack....ever. And is sandable obviously so you could add an extra thin layer of just resin on top without the play sand...and with that resin sanded down to a mirror finish ud surely have an spl gain but have a badass looking floor too.

Keep up the good work man

haha thanks man, yeah i just stopped testing so many things, i´m not the best out there but i honestly feel i can build anything louder than most people thanks to those many hours invested on trying dumb things and dumb boxes.

1) Yeah we dont have any rules against loud cars, i mean, i can even turn those things on while im driving and no one cares lol

2) Interesting, wich pockets you speak about?

3) i wantes to do fiberglass but it´s so damn expensive around here, didn´t thought about the boat idea but sadly, it´s too late now, i guess i just need to pray and hope it doesn´t crack lol.

You don´t own explorers anymore i assume? you were always a huge inspiration bro!

Archived