2007 GMC Acadia transmission trouble

I'm asking for my mom who is having this problem. She has a 2007 Acadia that the transmission is starting to slip. She'll be driving down the road and the RPMs will suddenly jump up to 4500-5000 and the vehicle speed won't increase. If she pulls over and turns it off, waits about a minute and turns it back on again, it will drive normally. This is starting to be a daily thing almost. The Acadia has about 140k miles on it. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? Thanks for the help.

A lot of trans issues but more engine issues I see any codes stored or check engine light on. How’s the fluid look maybe drain the fluid look for metal.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

That’s just a generic code for trans fault if u have a scanner go into the trans control module and see what codes it has but probably needs trans don’t see any reflashes for TCM . 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I will check right now for common issues I’m at work,

Our system shows a lot of trans replacements like over 50 with that code stored, I would see how dirty the fluid is that normally says a lot , look for metal debris in the fluid but if a gear breaks clean u won’t see much color change. Won’t hurt to try to flush it first that will tell a lot without having to spend to much but also I’ve seen where after a flush it doesn’t move anymore .

50 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Our system shows a lot of trans replacements like over 50 with that code stored, I would see how dirty the fluid is that normally says a lot , look for metal debris in the fluid but if a gear breaks clean u won’t see much color change. Won’t hurt to try to flush it first that will tell a lot without having to spend to much but also I’ve seen where after a flush it doesn’t move anymore .

I would nevwr flush it if its already started slipping, 90% of the time it only makes it worse.

Ive seen a few cars become not driveable at all after a flush was done and they were already slipping.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

She ended up taking it to a transmission shop, and found out what it would take to get fixed. The guy said something about the valve bodies and a new tune for the transmission. Apparently it's a common issue for these vehicles, he had done 2 last week. Same year make and model as my mom's Acadia. About a 4 hour job and expensive, around $1200. So it's at the shop now, will probably will get it back tomorrow. 

Archived