Health and losing weight

A fair few years ago i lost about 100 pounds in 6-8 months.. drank a shit ton of water and ate healthy and waled 40 mins a few times a week. Cut out alcohol, fast food, soft drink. Watched the salt intake as well.... problem is i have stacked it all back on and then some. Id be around 420ish in the U.S scale. I am very tempted to get the gastric bypass but dont want to fork out the coin for it

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

On 5/2/2018 at 10:50 AM, WalledSonic said:

Drink a fuckton of fiber.  Makes your poops regular and solid.  Sounds funny, but this is good for you regardless of weight.

Like what you suggest?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

13 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

Like what you suggest?

Off brand metamucil.  I have a friend on flax fiber, and they like it too, but I can vouch for Metamucil.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Roughly 4 years ago I lost 126 pounds and have kept it off with the addition of lean muscle mass. I can give you the three things that helped me, and I stick to still:

1. I never counted a single calorie, I never did some stupid "fad" diet. It is all about portion control. If you want some cake or pizza, have some damn cake or pizza. Completely cutting it out is just going to make you crave it more and you can't live by that model. If you have a hard time exercising portion control than drink 8-16 ounces of water before you sit down to a meal. Eat slowly and enjoy your food. This will give your body time to process it, and allow your body to tell you when you are actually full. 

2. There is no "quick" solution. It didn't go on over night, there is no mystical magical way to make it come off over night. It is hard work, determination, and a lot of mental toughness. The vast majority of weight loss in my opinion is telling yourself you can, instead of convincing yourself you can't do something. It will test the hell out of your mental toughness, but if you can push through that it gets easier.

3. You WILL fail. What that means is all in the eyes of the beholder. Whether that means a bad weigh in, eating a piece of candy, having a little bit too much of something you shouldn't, or sitting in front of the fridge with a fork for dinner and eating like a starving Ethiopian child.....it will happen. Don't give up. Don't tell yourself "well, I messed up today, mine as well binge all week and start back on Monday." Get your ass out of the fridge, brush the crumbs off, and start again. 1 bad day won't ruin your diet, or your week. In some cases eating a little in excess will actually help your metabolism in the gym. But if you do have one of those days use it to your advantage and kick some ass in the gym...not kick a series on Netflix's ass. 

I have stuck with these 3 thought processes and it has worked for me. Doesn't work for everyone.....but it really does boil down to calories in -versus- calories out. If you track your calories eaten and burned you will be really shocked sometimes. 

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Always give yourself a day to eat whatever u want or u will go crazy and then when u see weight coming off that cheat day kinda fades away but always start with one.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I don't have any suggestions on how to lose weight.  I have never been overweight in all of my 45 years.  What I can add to this convo is how to not put on weight, as that is what I seem to do best.

1.)  Don't look for the closest parking spot to the store entrance.  Park farther away...this adds a few extra steps and helps keeps your ride dent free from the zombies that don't give a F about anything or anybody but themselves.

2.) Always try to stay busy...doing anything that floats your boat.  Make something...anything.  Get freaky with your significant other as much as possible.  Find something new to keep you busy.  Stay busy.  It keeps your mind buzzing too, and actually thinking a lot burns calories.  Learn something.  Read more books.  Study something interesting.

3.)  Eat only until you are full and try to eat appropriate sized portions.  Don't eat the whole of what you have in front of you unless you busted your ass that day and your body needs some extra food.

4.)  Avoid fast food as much as possible.  All of it is poison and will both addict you and fill you with non-useful crap that will turn into fat cells.  McDs kills thousands of people each year.  Literally.  Thousands.  Many thousands.

5.)  Drink your coffee like you like your women.  Black.  I like drinking black women...but, sadly, have been drinking far too few of them lately.  Hoping that will change.  Said another way, using your jaw muscles on your partner will burn a bunch of calories.  Don't be afraid to dive on in!  ..and also don't put too much sugar and cream into your coffee or tea.  I understand the caffeine addiction, believe me.  Caffeine is a stimulant and will also help burn calories...but not if you load your coffee up with a bunch of useless non-nutritional crap.

6.)  Visualize yourself at a weight that you would like to see yourself at.  Look at yourself in the mirror and realize you are awesome.  Your body may not be what you hope to see, but what is inside is awesome and grow to love YOU.  Our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus asked only 3 things of us....love God...love your neighbor...as your would love yourself.  Get real freakin honest and learn to love yourself for YOU so that you can honestly love the others.  This will absolutely change your life for the better.  The haters and the atheists will eventually figure this out on their own or they will die trying.  You don't need to wait for approval of others to learn what love really is.  It starts with you!

7.)  Realize that others do love you...even though it may not be obvious.  I love you.  Truly.

P&L

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

The problem with a cheat “day” is people negate an entire week worth of busting your ass and think they will drop weight eating a days worth of fast food and garbage. If you limit or completely cut out things you will definitely fall off that wagon quickly. It is not sustainable over time and when you re-introduce carbs or things like that your body doesn’t know what the hell to do with it and people balloon back up. It’s ok to treat yourself. It’s ok to have an indulgence. EVERYTHING in moderation. I never had a sweet tooth prior to losing all the weight, and now it is insane...I find healthy alternatives like fresh fruit with agave syrup, or an occasional cookie, etc. I found a cheat day just leads to disappointment on the scale because you bust your ass all week and see no progress due to a day of poor choices. 

If you need something sweet hit up the Halo Top ice cream, or find high protein “treats” to include in your day-to-day routine. Helps it feel less like hell, you should prevent binging due to just cutting everything out, and ideally you are changing your eating habits for the long term, not a “diet” with an end goal. That just ends up being a situation where it all goes back on because the thought is short term weight loss instead of long term life style.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

OK here is my stupid easy way I went from 315 to 225 in 12 months without working out.

1. Calorie deficit

2. Calorie deficit

3. Calorie deficit

No, seriously. I ate like shit for 2 - 3 days which was my normal way of eating and found how many calories I was eating. Then I looked up a rule of thumb of what I should be eating if I was like 220 lbs. One was like 3500-4000 cals, the other was 2500 cals. So i started eating 2000-2500 a day and did that for a month. After that, i didnt have to count because the routine of portion control (watching cals helps this) as well as rationalizing things I should or shouldnt have (is it worth it) also was into a routine. I didnt work out, didnt starve myself, drank beer when I COULD (had eaten really well that day). 

I stopped drinking sodas, snacking of basically any kind (chips, pretzels, cheese itz, whatever people snack on), and realizing that I didn't need it. I know get full faster (cant eat as much), and just dont care about those vice foods that I used to. 

I also dont do cheat days. The way i eat to maintain my weight now doesnt feel like a diet or im restricting myself, it converted to a life style change that those "hard" decisions are now secondary and thoughtless.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

If u want some raw fiber, get some psyllium husk. Its nasty texturally but its a ton of fiber and u just add it to a glass of wAter or juice or whatever and down it. It gets gelatinous so dont sip it, just down it quick as u can.  Psyllium husk is what all those metamucil and other "high fiber" items add to their product to have so much fiber. Its cheaper to buy the husk i think, big ass container will last u a long time. Im sure almost any pharmacy/vitamin department will have it, like at a local grocery store or walmart even. 

This it the same one i had, should be less than $10 for it. And u just take a table spoon per day, or one in the AM another in the PM.

AAD00669-D807-4333-BD74-DEF86128DF48.thumb.jpeg.74dcffa20f8073736706e746c30e13c1.jpeg

Fuck man. I didn't exactly read the whole thread, and I don't mean to sound like a dick. But, I've studied biomechanics, weightlifting, and metabolic processes more than I have my engineering degree. 

If you want to lose weight, bar .01% of the population that may have something abnormally mutated within them, you literally just have to stop fucking eating so much. If you want to lose it gradually, eat a maintenance caloric intake - 500calories. If you want to lose it quickly... eat as little as possible, just make sure you're getting vitamins. There's literally no magic to it. It's the willpower to not eat. I know shit's hard, but I've been dealing with a chronic illness that's kept me in bed for 3 of the past 6 years and makes it so I can't even hold a fucking book with my right arm and actually focus on reading.

Anyways, if you want to be shitting every day, buy a Vitamix, throw in 300-500ml of milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder for flavor, two scoops of pre-ground oats w/the protein scooper (as in, buy the cheapest "old fashioned rolled oats or 1 minute oats" they sell, and grind them all in the vitamix into a fine dust. Then, 1-2 bananas worth of chopped frozen bananas, some fuckin creamy peanut butter, and if you really want to be shittin, psyllium husk. 

However, if you're trying to lose weight... that alone can easily be 1500calories lmfao. AKA, drink it when you wake up and be done for the day :)

Archived