Health and losing weight

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, 79 cutty said:

The problem with a cheat “day” is people negate an entire week worth of busting your ass and think they will drop weight eating a days worth of fast food and garbage. If you limit or completely cut out things you will definitely fall off that wagon quickly. It is not sustainable over time and when you re-introduce carbs or things like that your body doesn’t know what the hell to do with it and people balloon back up. It’s ok to treat yourself. It’s ok to have an indulgence. EVERYTHING in moderation. I never had a sweet tooth prior to losing all the weight, and now it is insane...I find healthy alternatives like fresh fruit with agave syrup, or an occasional cookie, etc. I found a cheat day just leads to disappointment on the scale because you bust your ass all week and see no progress due to a day of poor choices. 

If you need something sweet hit up the Halo Top ice cream, or find high protein “treats” to include in your day-to-day routine. Helps it feel less like hell, you should prevent binging due to just cutting everything out, and ideally you are changing your eating habits for the long term, not a “diet” with an end goal. That just ends up being a situation where it all goes back on because the thought is short term weight loss instead of long term life style.

you from hawaii?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

I've been bike riding 2-3 times a week for about 1.3 months and I've lost 6 lbs so far. Doesn't seem too effective. I need a better diet.

Here's a 360 Video of what my ride looks like. Ya'll might need to readjust the camera angle with the mouse and zoom out a bit.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Little dietary question for y'all

Traditionally I've lived a more sedentary lifestyle. As of recent, been trying to change that. Been doing the 'Keto' diet since october(ish) of last year. Worked well for that lifestyle. Even lost a small amount of weight on it. But being that it's damn near carbless, doesn't on paper work well for things like weight lifting which require glucose. 

So, has anyone tried weight lifting doing both keto and without? Was there any notable difference between the two?

I ask because it's kind of a pain in the ass to get the whole ketogenic process started once off it.

If ur just trying to get stronger and gain strength, it might work fine i would think, maybe just add slightly more carb heavier fruits and veggies. 

For putting on "mass" idk, probably will be pretty hard to do. A lot of people think its all about the protein to put on mass, but carbs are the key for mass. 

Strength gains and size gains can be two very different things. 

Just some random thoughts, no real science behind me lol. 

@SnowDrifterYou will feel tired doing keto AND lifting weights. Your energy will be low. You need to add some carbs....but don't go crazy. 

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

14 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Little dietary question for y'all

Traditionally I've lived a more sedentary lifestyle. As of recent, been trying to change that. Been doing the 'Keto' diet since october(ish) of last year. Worked well for that lifestyle. Even lost a small amount of weight on it. But being that it's damn near carbless, doesn't on paper work well for things like weight lifting which require glucose. 

So, has anyone tried weight lifting doing both keto and without? Was there any notable difference between the two?

I ask because it's kind of a pain in the ass to get the whole ketogenic process started once off it.

After I dropped all my weight and felt like a limp noodle my focus transitioned to building lean muscle mass and instead of solely doing cardio added in weight training. I have tried a few different meal plan options over the span of the last few years while continuing a healthy dose of cardio and weight training and I have found from a personal standpoint that just sticking to a "clean" diet, and watching my macros has gone way better for how I feel and progress in the gym than any other meal plan I tried. 

I honestly could only stick to the keto meal plan for roughly 2 months with how zapped my energy felt when I hit the gym. I couldn't finish workouts, I felt exhausted. Pretty much could tell my body was trying to find the fuel that just wasn't there to get through my workouts. I have found (and this is only speaking from a personal basis) that watching my daily protein/carb/fat intake while remaining physically active and hitting the gym has yielded the best results. I feel like my lean muscle mass has increased significantly. My workouts don't feel so draining. My sample set for lifting while doing keto is pretty small....but I noticed such a major difference in shifting away from it. 

It is a real mess of your mind to wrap around eating more calories and still losing weight, and really hard to get over that mental hurdle, but after I stopped watching calories so much and just ensured I was hitting my macros via eating clean I feel better, feel tons more energy, feel like workouts can actually be enjoyable. So personally I didn't see any pro's to doing the keto thing. 

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Archived