Noticed my underhood battery is on its last leg, so I decided to replace it with another XS power battery - this time the D5100R along with some Sky High flat 6 terminals to accompany it. 

Packaging didn't survive the journey but the battery did. Hate the mess of this stuff but rather that then a DOA battery.

tumblr_pdxmg0OCb81xsodn1o2_540.jpgtumblr_pdxmg0OCb81xsodn1o6_540.jpg

Came with a 12.8 float charge, so I hooked up my charger and now it sits on 13.2 - Just waiting on my Sky High terminals to install.

Old battery leaking over positive terminal vs. Negative without leakage. 

tumblr_pdxmg0OCb81xsodn1o4_400.jpgtumblr_pdxmg0OCb81xsodn1o3_400.jpg

I had those terminals on my acura, they broke my positive post off as well. Started leaking acid...

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

1 hour ago, YukonXL04 said:

I had those terminals on my acura, they broke my positive post off as well. Started leaking acid...

Damn I'll keep that in mind the next time I go to buy one of those!

• 5 months later...

After a long hiatus of posting I have lots of plans for this civic. 

Planning on doing the following

ordered myself a spl meter. The SSA APM-2 will update with my take on their meter and results!

changing to a single 15 sp4v2 ran off some 4/5k amp likely come July. 

Redoing my headliner. Doing next cause the carpet is causing a vibrating sticky sound with any heavy bass

sound deadening my roof while I have the headliner out may as well. It flexes a little 

more sound deadener for doors and foam rings for mids In door

Blocking the holes in my doors with abs plastic and making new 6.5 speaker adapters from abs

Might get a sa 4100i rta mic for tuning but may want to get an equalizer before doing that. My radios only can do so much 

Working towards it. I think 5k will be the limit for this car. If I wanted to compete then I’d need another car or something. 

• 4 weeks later...

Put my order in last night for two SA-12s (D4) down4sound has them on sale for 194 each if anyones wondering. Decided to put off the power upgrade another year so I can save up for better electrical/subs and revamp the system for its third or fourth iteration depending on how you look at it.

Will be metering the P3s on a few songs then comparing that to the SA-12s. Probably will do this before deadening the roof / doors and test again. Gonna be posting that next week sometime. Along with headliner / doors.

Put in the SA12s, debating on remounting my amps to give the surround more than just an inch of breathing room. Wouldn't have been possible without help from my other basshead brother Jakobe, been trying to get him to make an account on this forum to start posting his mustang, he's going from a single 12 to both of my old P3 12s.

Its crazy how rooomy my trunk is, having a box take up the majority of it really lets you forget that.... I see the possibility for a 4th or 6th box build inside the trunk even. 

tumblr_polf4pabE01vjgzep_1280.jpg

Old and new subs

tumblr_polf4ouZ4E1vjgzep_1280.jpg

tumblr_polf4oWFK91vjgzep_1280.jpgtumblr_polf4mY8aG1vjgzep_1280.jpg

tumblr_polf4p6HRk1vjgzep_1280.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived