Sonic Electronix

Enclosure is 12 1/2” front to back, 29 1/2” top to bottom, 43 1/2” from side to side and 9 1/2” deep, 1 1/2” thick, the inside of the enclosure  is 9 1/2”, the port i need to tune at 35hz is 35.29”L 11”W 11”H how can i make this port work with the size of the enclosure. 

The port needs to be 120sq inches but the length is the problem 

6 hours ago, Deeeznutzhertz said:

Cause 90sq in is the minimum i could do, 120 sq in would be right around 35hz

right, but what are you basing your port area off of? are you just pulling that number out of the air or is 90 sq in have too much port velocity?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Damn what subs are you running, thats a big ass port. I assume its a slot port. Try bending it around the back of the box. Making the port a little smaller will be easier to tune lower, even a 5 sq inch difference might drop an inch or 2 on total port length. for instance, if you were to have a 100 sq inch port, and say for your box size it would need to be 10 inches long to tune to 35hz. (I know thats completely crazy but its just an example) If you were to drop to 90 sq inches, it might only need to be 8 inches long to tune to 35hz. It is probably best to drop it a few sq inches and play with the length. look at Torres, its a box tuning/measurement calculator. Its somewhere in this fourm if you want to download it.

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

I've changed the box measurements the inside of the box is 10 1/2" × 26 1/2" × 40 1/2"  I messaged DC to see if I can build a "T" shaped port to get the length 

The 10 1/2" is front to back the 26 1/2" is top to bottom and the 40 1/2" is side to side, that makes the box 6.5 cubic ft

im running two dc xl 15s 

Have you thought about doing an aeroport? In 9/10 cases, you can use less port area per cube. What vehicle is this in? Do you have room to completely change the box dimensions? 

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

Archived