** VM-1 & OM-1 **

Well, it depends on what you want to measure

Generally you'll want to attach the leads closest to the point you want to know the value of, whether it be your alternator, amp, battery, head unit, etc etc.

10 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Well, it depends on what you want to measure

Generally you'll want to attach the leads closest to the point you want to know the value of, whether it be your alternator, amp, battery, head unit, etc etc.

That's true. I currently have 1 stinger voltmeter going into one of my bass amps reading the voltage. I figured that'd be the best source directly into the inputs of the all or would the leads going to the back batteries be sufficient? What other source would you suggested to measure, something up front weather alt or battery to see the difference front to back.  I was also thinking about doing one voltage an one output like I labeled this thread but not sure yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a vm-1 and om-1, and the vm-1 measured the voltage at the sub amp, and the om-1 measured the output level of the amp. With a multiple amp setup, I would say measure voltage at the rear bank. You can use your stinger meter to measure voltage at the front to get an idea of the voltage drop from front to back, if you’d like. That’d Be a good way to help reduce the drop

Archived