Project Zero - dB Drag racing, Superstreet 1-2 From start to finnish. [Current record: 155,35dB @71Hz]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a nice subwoofer and it is cool that you have had something made specifically for you!  I will say, however, that bold claims require bold proof and saying that you have a subwoofer that can be the loudest on Earth will be a very hard claim to prove....but I hope you do.  It would be pretty badass to see a 181db car doing burps.

Also, carbon fiber is only strong under tensile load, pulling force in the direction of the fiber orientation.  When cured under pressure, as in an autoclave, the product also has a high resonance pitch which can be disadvantageous in woofer applications.  Similarly, metal cones also have a high resonance pitch, but some makers have successfully used them in woofer applications by coating them with a material that eliminates the resonance.  Infinity, for example, uses a ceramic coating on their aluminum coned woofers, and the result is great!  Infinity's high end home speakers are fantastic...but I don't have hands on experience with their car audio gear so I cannot comment on them.  Kevlar is an OK choice for woofer cones, but probably not the best as Kevlar's strength is also in tensile loads, pulling force.  It is more flexible and less resonant than carbon fiber though.  A woofer cone will experience both tensile load and compressive load in alternating and equal cycles...in then out, in then out...being pushed and then pulled by the motor.  The best cone material would have good compressive and tensile strength as well as flexibility.  I think the current plastic-impregnated paper cones most companies use is still the better choice...until something else better comes along.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Thank you for your reply!
I really appreciate tech talk as i want to learn more and more. 

It might be just a marketing think, but we've been told that ********** are the same subwoofers that ours are +-some customizationg tho. Rarely the subs held when burping many times so every recone makes them littlebit different.

Also i want to post here on how did we got the subs and contact information on about how you can get one:

**removed**

** Videos has been removed, because it included information i am not allowed to say in public anymore because reasons unknown to me**

***At this point, all i want to say is that we co-operate with the manufacturer/seller to their benefits and want to be a "good guy", so video will not be back online***

Thanks, and sorry.

1 hour ago, Mrop said:

** Videos has been removed, because it included information i am not allowed to say in public anymore because reasons unknown to me**

***At this point, all i want to say is that we co-operate with the manufacturer/seller to their benefits and want to be a "good guy", so video will not be back online***

Thanks, and sorry.

Did the manufacturer make you remove the video?

that sucks but thanks for trying.  Enjoy following your stuff. 

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Dig watching your vids man. Some insane working going on. Major props to you guys.......  I just gotta ask, no shade what so ever, but, is this a legal rig in Super Street  lol ? 2 years ago at worlds, a great friend, (that is deaf by the way) was in ss1-2 for the like 3 years, just before worlds, he put a few tack welds on the top of the windshield, where the molding/rubber went,.... Just a couple. Longest weld was like 4 inches lol... and they stuck him in extreme. How is this a legal Super street car lol ?  Im definatly no judge, but, wow lol. I wish you best of luck guys/gals/all. That, is a LOT of work..... makes me tired just watching the shit lol. 

Stoked to see this thing on that meter.  Go get em yo .... more vids also please. 

(also, 181 talk, is effin ludicris lol,... like 4 people in the universe there, over, or even close, and they are ALL in extreme lol, i recall i remember a Super Street 1-2,  172 happend, i think in dutch or sweed land,(overseas) and a 70 here in the states.... 80 talk, is...... wow lol)

Its amazing, to watch , like, Scott Vanripper work. Dude can do 70s on like 2 watts, ... so insane. Then, as he sees 80s, the amount of power, to get .3 db, is fucking unbelieveable. Its insane to watch the increment increase, and net gain. Just mind boggeling. 

Thanks for your words!

We have no dB Drag judge in Finland, but the sheet metal we replace is 1/3 of the thickness of the OEM that + welds should keep us under the OEM ridgity.
This will be built to SS1-2 no matter what who thinks, we well rebuild whole car or buy another fiat and cut it in half so we can get OEM skin at front it it is DQ'd.

What comes to the chinese subwoofer manufacturer... i want to say rude, but it is their loss. 
You will not see them anymore. I do not want to work with people who threat via whatsapp that "internet can be your friend or kill you".... and that is a quote.
My co-operation with the manufacturer is done. He wants no videos public, he gets no videos. All or nothing we do not make things in secret, whole caraudio industry is one big secret family, all loud SPL cars are kept secret. I have been doing car audio for 7 years writing everything i find out public at my webpage www.lisääbassoa.fi and now in videos. EVERYTHING. No secrets from us, ask anything we will answer all we know. Only thing that we do not talk about money because we are in a certain point in our career that we get things cheaper or sponsored and we do not want to mislead people to think that a newbie can get everything as cheap as we who do 200-300 youtube videos / year for the brands we love.

whoa, that helped..
so umm. Project continues!! :)

Archived