my box is made out of plywood spec

36wx13.5hx20d

port 12hx4.5w14.75L1x9L2

so i have no clue what the port is tuned for b/c i heard RE Audio box building software is no good to use unless im wrong

2 Scar Audio VXF-12D2

BANDA ICE 3002 mono block amp

3 batteries 1 under the hood and 2 in the rear 1/0 gauge wire

big 3 upgrade

on a stock 105amp alt (i no i need to upgrade my alt but i barelly got below 12.5v which impressive lol)

so any advice will be grate

also i hav 2 200 amp fuse on my power wire on after the front batterie and before the rear batteries does that me it adds up to 400 amp or does it stay the same at 200amp i been wondering if i need to get bigger fuses or not

Edited by tomlintm

I can't help with box knowledge but I am sure someone else can.

However, when it comes to your question about fusing; you should always fuse for the wire size and length to prevent excess current heating up the wire and fire. In saying that, you should fuse before and after you enter a battery and before you enter your amp.

Now when you say you have two 200 amp fuses does that mean you have them hooked up one after the hood battery and one before the trunk batteries? or you have two runs of 1/0 each fused after the first battery with 200 amp fuses? Which in case I suggest adding another fuse before you enter your rear batteries.

If you have it in the first mentioned format then your wire will be protected for up to 200 amps not 400, but it only matters what your wire can take. Since you have 1/0 I take it your running CCA 1/0 since your only using 200 amp fuses? If your using OFC or copper you should be able to step that up some but you should research your brands wire to be safe. Also if your wondering what size fuse to use to go into your amp you should look at the manufacturers recommendations.

https://www.bandaaudiopartsusa.com/online-store/ICE-X-3002-p89213005 seems to show an average musical current draw of 155 A.

I use this post for my planning. Might help you out but bare in mind the type of wire you use changes these numbers so always double check otherwise your fuses are useless.

A fuse acts as a weakest link in the chain...even though you have 2x 200amp fuses, that will still only allow 200 amps to flow through the cable.  200 amps is not enough to supply power to that Banda amp to deliver it's (supposedly) rated power of 3000w at 2ohms.  The amplifier's 4ga (+) and (-) inputs are not sufficient to handle that kind of wattage at the amp's efficiency either.  Basically, the Banda amplifier is not suitable for a typical car environment and probably won't deliver what you are expecting from it.

Watch this...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

This Skar amp is perhaps more in tune with the subs you have...

https://www.amazon.com/Skar-Audio-SK-2500-1D-Monoblock-Subwoofer/dp/B008RC8F32/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1526445907&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=skar%2Bamplifier%2Bmonoblock&th=1

...but it does not state to be rated at the 1/2 ohm load you may have those subs wired to.  I have seen some folks state that their Skar amps handle 0.5 ohm loads fine but Skar doesn't seem to back that up.  It most likely won't handle that with your restricted power either.  This puts you in a difficult position to be in...you don't have the proper amplifier or the proper subwoofers to achieve either's ideal scenario.  You'll probably want to put in some diligent research into this so that you can make better choices in the future.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

7 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I can't help with box knowledge but I am sure someone else can.

However, when it comes to your question about fusing; you should always fuse for the wire size and length to prevent excess current heating up the wire and fire. In saying that, you should fuse before and after you enter a battery and before you enter your amp.

Now when you say you have two 200 amp fuses does that mean you have them hooked up one after the hood battery and one before the trunk batteries? or you have two runs of 1/0 each fused after the first battery with 200 amp fuses? Which in case I suggest adding another fuse before you enter your rear batteries.

If you have it in the first mentioned format then your wire will be protected for up to 200 amps not 400, but it only matters what your wire can take. Since you have 1/0 I take it your running CCA 1/0 since your only using 200 amp fuses? If your using OFC or copper you should be able to step that up some but you should research your brands wire to be safe. Also if your wondering what size fuse to use to go into your amp you should look at the manufacturers recommendations.

https://www.bandaaudiopartsusa.com/online-store/ICE-X-3002-p89213005 seems to show an average musical current draw of 155 A.

I use this post for my planning. Might help you out but bare in mind the type of wire you use changes these numbers so always double check otherwise your fuses are useless.

yes i only have one run of 1/0 going from my front battery to my rear batteries all wires going from the engine bay to the trunk is cca wire the wires connecting the rear batteries together are copper based and the wires going to my amp are cca with no fuses going from the rear batteries to the amp

with that said do you think im restricting the currect from the front to the back batteries with the 200 amp fuses b/c i was thinking completly removing fuses all together or up the fuse to maybe 2 500 amp fuses

7 hours ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

A fuse acts as a weakest link in the chain...even though you have 2x 200amp fuses, that will still only allow 200 amps to flow through the cable.  200 amps is not enough to supply power to that Banda amp to deliver it's (supposedly) rated power of 3000w at 2ohms.  The amplifier's 4ga (+) and (-) inputs are not sufficient to handle that kind of wattage at the amp's efficiency either.  Basically, the Banda amplifier is not suitable for a typical car environment and probably won't deliver what you are expecting from it.

Watch this...

the amp has 1/0 to 4gauge reducers for the power and ground with no fuses between so i should be getting enough power

i want to point out also i have the banda ice x 3002 line of amps.which i think is a redesign of that amp so it might have been improved not sure

6 hours ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

This Skar amp is perhaps more in tune with the subs you have...

https://www.amazon.com/Skar-Audio-SK-2500-1D-Monoblock-Subwoofer/dp/B008RC8F32/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1526445907&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=skar%2Bamplifier%2Bmonoblock&th=1

...but it does not state to be rated at the 1/2 ohm load you may have those subs wired to.  I have seen some folks state that their Skar amps handle 0.5 ohm loads fine but Skar doesn't seem to back that up.  It most likely won't handle that with your restricted power either.  This puts you in a difficult position to be in...you don't have the proper amplifier or the proper subwoofers to achieve either's ideal scenario.  You'll probably want to put in some diligent research into this so that you can make better choices in the future.

can you explain more what you mean. from what i read about the vxf-12 there 1500 rms each for compatition.they can handle alot of power. the amp is 3k so the amp should be enough power. i have a scar rp2000.1 in my closet but no were near the power i need to push these beast of subs lol

Edited by tomlintm

1 hour ago, tomlintm said:

yes i only have one run of 1/0 going from my front battery to my rear batteries all wires going from the engine bay to the trunk is cca wire the wires connecting the rear batteries together are copper based and the wires going to my amp are cca with no fuses going from the rear batteries to the amp

with that said do you think im restricting the currect from the front to the back batteries with the 200 amp fuses b/c i was thinking completly removing fuses all together or up the fuse to maybe 2 500 amp fuses

the amp has 1/0 to 4gauge reducers for the power and ground with no fuses between so i should be getting enough power

i want to point out also i have the banda ice x 3002 line of amps.which i think is a redesign of that amp so it might have been improved not sure

can you explain more what you mean. from what i read about the vxf-12 there 1500 rms each for compatition.they can handle alot of power. the amp is 3k so the amp should be enough power. i have a scar rp2000.1 in my closet but no were near the power i need to push these beast of subs lol

If your Skar rp 2000.1 will tolerate running a 0.5 load it would be a much better choice than that Banda amplifier.  Wire your 2 subs in parallel and try the Skar amp and see what happens.

You had better get your fusing straightened out though.  The rule of thumb for fusing is 10 amp worth of fuse for every 100 watts of RMS amplifier power.  1/0 CCA cable at a length of 17ish feet may not be enough to handle 3000+ watts.  Fusing does not reduce current flow, it just stops the flow altogether when the current exceeds the fuses rating...and prevents your car from burning the ground.  Joshdashef linked to a chart on this site that will help you know what cable and fusing to use for your gear. 

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs