39 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Your Skar rp2000.1 probably won't last long wired to 0.5 ohms though.  Maybe you shouldn't try it.

i have already ran that amp at .5ohms and had to send it in for repairs thru a audio place i no for blown mosfets lol

32 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

At a 2 ohm load, this Wolfram amp may be a better choice for your subs.

now thats a bad ass amp it the same price as i payed for my banda amp the wolf on it really draws me to it :P

Even with the Banda amp, your ride should be bangin hard.  If it isn't as loud as you feel it should be, you may look into doing an in-depth soundproofing of your car.  At 3000w the whole freakin car should be shaking.  Getting all those resonating parts to stop resonating within audible frequencies will result in great usable db in the car and it will sound a lot better too.  You may also consider upgrading your power and ground cables beefed up to OFC and maybe 2/0 instead of that CCA stuff you have.  Look at welding wire on Amazon as it works great and is a better value.  You might also look for some folks in your location that are into car audio and talk to them about what to do.  They will be able to see your car in person, whereas we can't really do here on the interwebz.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

2 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Even with the Banda amp, your ride should be bangin hard.  If it isn't as loud as you feel it should be, you may look into doing an in-depth soundproofing of your car.  At 3000w the whole freakin car should be shaking.  Getting all those resonating parts to stop resonating within audible frequencies will result in great usable db in the car and it will sound a lot better too.  You may also consider upgrading your power and ground cables beefed up to OFC and maybe 2/0 instead of that CCA stuff you have.  Look at welding wire on Amazon as it works great and is a better value.  You might also look for some folks in your location that are into car audio and talk to them about what to do.  They will be able to see your car in person, whereas we can't really do here on the interwebz.

oh it is hitting really hard the car wants to fall apart i want to get as much out of it as i can so i can reach my goal of 150dbl 

the wire is ofc i did add a few pics for you to take a look at

Edited by tomlintm
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I missed the pics today.  Looking through them now I can say that your wiring needs some refinement.  It may not result in more power but it will result in better reliability and safety.  A charred cinder on the side of the road will make exactly 0 db.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

1 minute ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

I missed the pics today.  Looking through them now I can say that your wiring needs some refinement.  It may not result in more power but it will result in better reliability and safety.  A charred cinder on the side of the road will make exactly 0 db.

ya i no its a messy job :Pbut before i redo the entire wireing i want to add the stuff to add dbl as i redo the wiring

From what many of the hard hitters here at this site have said, it may be quite a chore to get 150db out of a pair of woofers in the trunk.  You might not be able to do it with those woofers.

My opinion, from not being an SPL kind of guy, would be to make what you have sound as great as you can by paying attention to all the details..such as the wiring and the soundproofing and the tuning of the gear...so that you will most enjoy what you currently have and become more familiar with the art of it.  Chasing a db rating is like chasing a rabbit down a hole...a very expensive hole.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

4 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

From what many of the hard hitters here at this site have said, it may be quite a chore to get 150db out of a pair of woofers in the trunk.  You might not be able to do it with those woofers.

My opinion, from not being an SPL kind of guy, would be to make what you have sound as great as you can by paying attention to all the details..such as the wiring and the soundproofing and the tuning of the gear...so that you will most enjoy what you currently have and become more familiar with the art of it.  Chasing a db rating is like chasing a rabbit down a hole...a very expensive hole.

oh i no and i been chasing my 150dbl for almost 5-10 years now add and upgrading as i see fit. i want my car to be competition/family car since its the only car i have and to stay stock as much as possable with these new subs i have i have no idea what the dbl i am doing now with them i need to get them metered for sure so i no what i am doing and go from there i will add a video of them playing so you can see what it sounds like :P

but please if you think of anything i can do to help me make it to 150dbl i would sure like to no if you anyone please tell them to come my way and help :D

Edited by tomlintm

You could get another skar rp2k and run one to each sub wired to 1 ohm each. Just gain match them. Regardless u need to at least add 1 more run of 0 gauge to the back and upgrade your alt. Also sound deaden like crazy! Flex kills db. Also if you can fire the subs forward into the cab with port forward and seal it off from the trunk youll increase output alot.

2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

You could get another skar rp2k and run one to each sub wired to 1 ohm each. Just gain match them. Regardless u need to at least add 1 more run of 0 gauge to the back and upgrade your alt. Also sound deaden like crazy! Flex kills db. Also if you can fire the subs forward into the cab with port forward and seal it off from the trunk youll increase output alot.

if you look at the pics i posted the subs and port are facing forward in to the cab i already priced out a 250amp alt and how would i hook up the second run of 1/0  in my trunk never ran that much before so im curious i also priced out sound deading

Sorry didnt look at pics close just kinda skimmed. U could always run it under the car up against the bottom or cut some holes in the firewall. Either way i doubt youll ever see 150s without upgrading electric, more power, and sound deadening.