8 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Sorry didnt look at pics close just kinda skimmed. U could always run it under the car up against the bottom or cut some holes in the firewall. Either way i doubt youll ever see 150s without upgrading electric, more power, and sound deadening.

my list of my experience and history of having subs

i had 2  kicker comp vr 12s on a 1200 kicker amp in a sealed box doing 146 in a trunk. same speakers were in a dodge neon doing almost 147 what was funny is i gone to the last car wars down in hollywoody florida and the meter was so uncalabrated it said i hit a 151 lol and the other funny part was the guy had to sit in the car with me and point the mic at the windowshield lmao and i won the compete and got 500$ and a trophie for it and ppl are so pissed and confused at the same time but it was fun non the less

also had 2 soundstream splx 12D2 on a x3.71 soundstream amp added 2 batteries and stuff in the same sealed box yes i inverted them and yes the box was the bottleneck of the system and yes i blow the subs b/c of that box but i did a 144 with them sad day at SBN but loud non the less also lol

my next build was in a acrua 2003 3.2TL with 2 cresendo forte 12D2 on the same x3.71 soundstream amp(R.I.P) and this time i had a nice ported box which was made for SA-12 from what i gather but i was doing 146-147s with them and there only entry level subs but blown the amp. that thing was a monster. but replace it with a scar RP2000.1 mono and i was still doing it 146s with a smaller amp but blown mosfet in it b/c it cant handle the 0.5ohm load i was thrown at it but fans are your friend i found out lol anyways i gone to my first car show in years and for some reason idk if it was b.c it was ranning cold but i did a 144 i was pissed. so after words i started trying to figure out what why and found out 1 of my batteries in my trunks was bad so i replaced it. then i started to upgrade my system new amp speakers couldent handle the banda blown them lol and now im have the scar vxf 12D2 facing in to the cab :D

i no what you all might say the best i can probably do is 147-148 but hey my goal is getting closer and closer :D maybe a better tuned box need to get that checked out lol also a better but now with good gear the only thing i need to focus on is the little stuff like sound deading and stuff like that i want that 150dbl its so close i can taste it but yet so far :P

yes i no i need a bigger alt im still looking in to that im thinking 250amp+ alt im seeing in the future

Edited by tomlintm

Not saying this to sound like a jerk or a pompous a-hole, but it is my opinion that you need to redo a whole lot of your install and do it right...for safety and performance.  You are going to need to pull all of it out anyway to do soundproofing so this will be the best time to redesign your install.  Use the right gear too...use proper distribution blocks / terminals...use proper crimping technique...(buy a $40 hydro crimper and proper terminals, heatshrink, techflex sleeving etc..).  This will provide a much better foundation from which you can then work those amplifiers to their fullest capabilities.

The install and cabling can, and will, make or break the system's performance.  Invest in it properly.  I can link to some Youtube channels that you can reference for best-practices techniques if you wish.

Again, this is not intended as an insult.  I aim to help you be safe and achieve your goals...and this will make your gear sound a lot better.  Your stuff is a fire waiting to happen.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

1 hour ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Not saying this to sound like a jerk or a pompous a-hole, but it is my opinion that you need to redo a whole lot of your install and do it right...for safety and performance.  You are going to need to pull all of it out anyway to do soundproofing so this will be the best time to redesign your install.  Use the right gear too...use proper distribution blocks / terminals...use proper crimping technique...(buy a $40 hydro crimper and proper terminals, heatshrink, techflex sleeving etc..).  This will provide a much better foundation from which you can then work those amplifiers to their fullest capabilities.

The install and cabling can, and will, make or break the system's performance.  Invest in it properly.  I can link to some Youtube channels that you can reference for best-practices techniques if you wish.

Again, this is not intended as an insult.  I aim to help you be safe and achieve your goals...and this will make your gear sound a lot better.  Your stuff is a fire waiting to happen.

well i would love to no what needs to be redone so i can fix my mistakes and make my self better as a installer and tell me what gear you recommend for my needs that would help a whole lot

While there are quite a few fellows here with great expertise in installing, RCBrassard hs been recently reworking his killer Lancer and has put up some excellent images of his work.  I would say that his work is a great representation of quality practices and you can use it as a reference for your own build.  His set up has many similarities to what you are doing with your Acura.

You are, after all, driving an Acura which was a beautiful car to begin with and styled very handsomely.  Do it some justice by putting in some effort in making your audio system on-par with the Acura quality.  Basically, show it some love and it will show you some love back.

This channel at Youtube, 'Car Audio Fabrication', goes over a variety of subjects and Mark demonstrates some of the best-practice techniques to produce amazing systems.  He has a huge set of tools to work with, but you won't need all of those tools to do your job right and safely.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4FiN46mPTtkJxzRXJY21lQ

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

51 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

While there are quite a few fellows here with great expertise in installing, RCBrassard hs been recently reworking his killer Lancer and has put up some excellent images of his work.  I would say that his work is a great representation of quality practices and you can use it as a reference for your own build.  His set up has many similarities to what you are doing with your Acura.

You are, after all, driving an Acura which was a beautiful car to begin with and styled very handsomely.  Do it some justice by putting in some effort in making your audio system on-par with the Acura quality.  Basically, show it some love and it will show you some love back.

This channel at Youtube, 'Car Audio Fabrication', goes over a variety of subjects and Mark demonstrates some of the best-practice techniques to produce amazing systems.  He has a huge set of tools to work with, but you won't need all of those tools to do your job right and safely.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4FiN46mPTtkJxzRXJY21lQ

i looked at the for and wow he did a amazing job on his build but the problem is the box is to big for me to mount my batteries the same as his in my trunk but the termenals he has i want to get there awsome looking and would work out great for me

You don't have to mimic his stuff. Just note how he has everything connected and what it is connected to; like the fuse blocks and the ring terminals and the blocks on the batteries, that kind of thing.  He has overbuilt his wiring set up, to build a rock solid foundation with room to grow. ( I don't know if that was what he was thinking really, I am just postulating. It is a smart move.)  The actual cable you currently have will likely be just fine but you'll need to use new terminals, which aren't terribly expensive but will need a crimper appropriate for the size.  You can buy them for about $40 on amazon.  Having such tools will help you over the long haul too.  Owning your own tools is always a smart investment.  Take care of them too. 

I personally went with 1/0 100% copper welding wire.  It cost a little bit less, but is a bit stiffer and doesn't come in a variety of colors...just red or black....which is fine because I put colored PET sleeving over it and it looks killer now! For performance, it delivers big time! By all accounts, it's performance is the best.  Invest in proper fusing too.  It isn't very expensive and you can't have too many fuses in the system.  All of it will be much less expensive than replacing a charred Acura and a bunch of crispy gear, for sure.

Start taking measurements of your trunk and your gear and start thinking about how you might arrange things to be most efficient for you.  Draw stuff out on paper and keep planning it out until you settle on what you would like the most.  Definitely check out some of the other folks builds here on the forum.  There is a whole section dedicated to it.  You will surely get great ideas from them.  I sure did!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

7 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

You don't have to mimic his stuff. Just note how he has everything connected and what it is connected to; like the fuse blocks and the ring terminals and the blocks on the batteries, that kind of thing.  He has overbuilt his wiring set up, to build a rock solid foundation with room to grow. ( I don't know if that was what he was thinking really, I am just postulating. It is a smart move.)  The actual cable you currently have will likely be just fine but you'll need to use new terminals, which aren't terribly expensive but will need a crimper appropriate for the size.  You can buy them for about $40 on amazon.  Having such tools will help you over the long haul too.  Owning your own tools is always a smart investment.  Take care of them too. 

I personally went with 1/0 100% copper welding wire.  It cost a little bit less, but is a bit stiffer and doesn't come in a variety of colors...just red or black....which is fine because I put colored PET sleeving over it and it looks killer now! For performance, it delivers big time! By all accounts, it's performance is the best.  Invest in proper fusing too.  It isn't very expensive and you can't have too many fuses in the system.  All of it will be much less expensive than replacing a charred Acura and a bunch of crispy gear, for sure.

Start taking measurements of your trunk and your gear and start thinking about how you might arrange things to be most efficient for you.  Draw stuff out on paper and keep planning it out until you settle on what you would like the most.  Definitely check out some of the other folks builds here on the forum.  There is a whole section dedicated to it.  You will surely get great ideas from them.  I sure did!

hmm what termeral do you suggest i should get there is so many of them its hard to deside whats your opinion on them

Edited by tomlintm

I used these terminals...

https://www.amazon.com/InstallGear-Tinned-Copper-Terminals-Connectors/dp/B071WKXN5P/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1526601122&sr=8-8&keywords=1%2F0+terminal+ring

I should have gotten a crimper like this one (but went with something different that made me realize I should have gotten the hydraulic one.)

https://www.amazon.com/BETOOLL-Hydraulic-Terminal-Crimper-Crimping/dp/B01I31AX9U/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1526601089&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=hydraulic+crimper&psc=1

The distribution blocks that bcbrassard used are SMD products that you can buy through Steve Meade's site.  They are not the least expensive route but they are a bulletproof design that will last a lifetime and deliver top-class performance.  If you get a different car later you can reuse them.  A good investment.  There are other brands you can go with, just be careful with the quality.  My personal set up is much simpler and smaller than yours so I went with different gear.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

29 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

I used these terminals...

https://www.amazon.com/InstallGear-Tinned-Copper-Terminals-Connectors/dp/B071WKXN5P/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1526601122&sr=8-8&keywords=1%2F0+terminal+ring

I should have gotten a crimper like this one (but went with something different that made me realize I should have gotten the hydraulic one.)

https://www.amazon.com/BETOOLL-Hydraulic-Terminal-Crimper-Crimping/dp/B01I31AX9U/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1526601089&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=hydraulic+crimper&psc=1

The distribution blocks that bcbrassard used are SMD products that you can buy through Steve Meade's site.  They are not the least expensive route but they are a bulletproof design that will last a lifetime and deliver top-class performance.  If you get a different car later you can reuse them.  A good investment.  There are other brands you can go with, just be careful with the quality.  My personal set up is much simpler and smaller than yours so I went with different gear.

wait whats wrong with the ones i have in my car now besides the wires being to damn long lol

Edited by tomlintm