Amg Guts and What You see

bigmizzle99

I see a lot of images of amplifier circuit boards.  Some people can say "...thats a Korean board..."  or some say "...thats a Chinese board..."

First, what characteristics do you notice that imply the circuit board is Korean vs Chinese or even Brazilian?

Second, what type of components and quantity make you think an amplifier is well made?  I.e. number of toroidal transformers?  Number of capacitors? Number of output device/transistors?  These are the ones that jump out to me...I also prefer Tiffany style RCA jacks and metal pots.

Educate me.

I have been into car audio for over 25 yrs and watched almost every single BigDWiz, Ryan Blankenship & Steve Meade amp dyno video and when it comes down to amps it is a hard area to tell really what is going to be good or bad just by looking at the guts. for example here are 2 amps one is a Kicker ZR1000 and the other is a Power Acoustik amp and the boards look to have alot of stuff on them but are vastly different in quality.

And when it comes down to the maker of the amp like Korean, Chinese or Brazilian it is hard to tell really unless it says it some place.

2iuru42.png

apjrpv.png

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived