Second Skin Audio

Skar ZVX 8 ..Opinions???

Beanz

So looking to get some ZVX 8s from skar /They look pretty promising but looking to see  if anyones has ran them.Lookin to hook up 4  

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Which ones are the originals?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

If your gonna say that better tell people not to use soundqubed to "go with the original" wich would be american bass subs and hifonics amps. Nothing wrong with skar products. Ya the products are almost identical. Sundown doesnt have exclusive rights to the woofer design so anyone could copy it. Y overpay for a name on the dustcap?

The ZVX 8s are great, one of the best on the market if a more SPL oriented 8" is what you're looking for.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

On 5/19/2018 at 10:11 AM, mathewyocham said:

If your gonna say that better tell people not to use soundqubed to "go with the original" wich would be american bass subs and hifonics amps. Nothing wrong with skar products. Ya the products are almost identical. Sundown doesnt have exclusive rights to the woofer design so anyone could copy it. Y overpay for a name on the dustcap?

said i was trolling  and i still would go sundown over skar for personal reasons and other reasons but to each their own.. and soundqube subs are based off dd not american bass aren't they? would make sense since you know the relationship between the two

On 5/19/2018 at 9:11 AM, mathewyocham said:

Ya the products are almost identical. Sundown doesnt have exclusive rights to the woofer design so anyone could copy it. Y overpay for a name on the dustcap?

Actually he does have "exclusive rights" to his products and the designs he came up with himself that are now being copied. Like the mega roll v.1 surrounds (that everyone hated on and now companies are using something very similar), the new Sundown baskets, and even the 8 inch basket that one company got in trouble for already...
These are all patented designs, and those patents alone are 10s of thousands of dollars each once you add in lawyer fees.

Such as the new sundown frame that skar copied, but had to make changes due to legal reasons http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/D691596
The Sundown 8inch frames used on the x-8 http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/D691595

The Sundown neo motors http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/D791740

So yea he dont have exclusive rights to woofer design and everyone should be able to copy his hard work, countless r&d testing, and his ability to constantly keep finding improvements to his product line to make them better.
Where the Skar patents at?

Just 2 weeks ago another company got sent a Cease and Disses letter for copying Incriminator Audios SplitForce patent, but I guess other companies should be able to copy that too even though they didn't put in the countless money for R&D of their own board designs. 

Also CstrokerV,  SoundQubed and American Bass subs are the same off the shelf product that use to have just an actual different logo on the dustcap but now Soundqubed is using the "v8" basket (that DD is also using) to differentiate themselves along with green stitching on the fake carbon cones. Im willing to bet that most the motors and softparts are the same still, since the SoundQubed HDC3 subs I just reconed to the HDC 3.1 are still using the same parts with just the different things I mentioned above. 

I would much rather run a Skar sub long before a SoundQubed or American bass, but when your talking 8s nothing will touch a X-8, or even the new Sundown 8 that has been in the R&D stages for a while now... 

There is little difference between those 2 brands of subs unlike Skar to a Sundown where there is a lot different but look different just enough to not be in legal trouble..

4 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Actually he does have "exclusive rights" to his products and the designs he came up with himself that are now being copied. Like the mega roll v.1 surrounds (that everyone hated on and now companies are using something very similar), the new Sundown baskets, and even the 8 inch basket that one company got in trouble for already...
These are all patented designs, and those patents alone are 10s of thousands of dollars each once you add in lawyer fees.

Such as the new sundown frame that skar copied, but had to make changes due to legal reasons http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/D691596
The Sundown 8inch frames used on the x-8 http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/D691595

The Sundown neo motors http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/D791740

So yea he dont have exclusive rights to woofer design and everyone should be able to copy his hard work, countless r&d testing, and his ability to constantly keep finding improvements to his product line to make them better.
Where the Skar patents at?

Just 2 weeks ago another company got sent a Cease and Disses letter for copying Incriminator Audios SplitForce patent, but I guess other companies should be able to copy that too even though they didn't put in the countless money for R&D of their own board designs. 

Also CstrokerV,  SoundQubed and American Bass subs are the same off the shelf product that use to have just an actual different logo on the dustcap but now Soundqubed is using the "v8" basket (that DD is also using) to differentiate themselves along with green stitching on the fake carbon cones. Im willing to bet that most the motors and softparts are the same still, since the SoundQubed HDC3 subs I just reconed to the HDC 3.1 are still using the same parts with just the different things I mentioned above. 

I would much rather run a Skar sub long before a SoundQubed or American bass, but when your talking 8s nothing will touch a X-8, or even the new Sundown 8 that has been in the R&D stages for a while now... 

There is little difference between those 2 brands of subs unlike Skar to a Sundown where there is a lot different but look different just enough to not be in legal trouble..

i see i wasn't sure hence the question mark.... and you mentioned part of the reason why i would run and recommend sundown over skar

Archived