4 Woofers in the Doors - Change my mind

Dragonware

20 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Any area that is blocked by the grill will reduce loudness.  Just something to keep in mind.  You can install your speakers, play them without the grill (maybe) and then play them with the grill.  If you dont like the attenuation due to the grill, you can persue a cloth mesh grill or just cut a nice round hole in them.

6.5" speakers in (damn-near) any door is OK. Dont let rattles get you down.  I arguably have the cheapest car on the market (the only one with a lower MSRP in 2015 was a Toyota Yaris and the SmartCar) and I'm running 10K in subs alone.  Torn both front and back windshield seams, currently tearing the rear door seams...

Build what you want and when you find rattles you fix them and move on.  Thats how car audio works.

My $0.02.

I think ppl are mis understanding when I say Grill. Im only talking about the factory door panel covering the speaker. Image result for ford f150 door panel 2018

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

You can do ALOT of modifications behind those panels. Stock grilles should be fine, but could be made better with modifications.

my suggestions would be to see if a vocal oriented 8” driver would be able to fit behind those stock panels. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 hours ago, White Lightning said:

You can do ALOT of modifications behind those panels. Stock grilles should be fine, but could be made better with modifications.

my suggestions would be to see if a vocal oriented 8” driver would be able to fit behind those stock panels. 

Not  without cutting the sheet metal which takes me back to the reason i am not fiberglasing new pods , the truck is only 1 month old resale value. Had this been 10 yrs old in a heart beat. unless I can find scrap panels to cut apart im stuck behind the factory plastic grill and standard 6x8 opening

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS