• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I ended up going to Slamology and qualified for Street Stock Wall 5k.  Sealed up on the dash did a 147.1.... best personal score ever but very disappointed.  Only clamped 1500w out of the two Soundqubed S-1250 strapped, quite a bit of rise.  Realized I want more!!!, I have ordered a Wolfram W4500.1 at and will be installing that once it gets here (preorder) and running it at .5 ohm.  Going to need to do some electrical upgrades in order to support it.  Thinking dual alts and more runs of wire should get me there.  So plan is factory alt(140) and DC power(270). 60ah O'Reilly AGM upfront and 110ah Xspower D3100 in rear.  2 runs of positive and 2 runs of negative.  Also decided it was time to get rid of the 1975 tool box and installed a trip fold cover that I was given.  

1gLnhi.jpg

gT4Tzk.jpg

Found these covers in the tool box, don't look bad, we shall see how bad it effects the headlights.

Qy234e.jpg

Rebuild coming soon

Your install came out nice as h3ll!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:28 PM, BP1Fanatic said:

Your install came out nice as h3ll!

Thank you, first wall build.  Waiting on new amp to get here then hopefully it'll wake up a little more.  Already thinking about rebuilding the entire thing.  I'm pretty sure other than the bass I really enjoy planning and building phases.

Rebuild coming soon

Not a lot going on since I'm waiting on my Wolfram W4500.1.  Ordered some odds and ends.

Got an O'Reilly AGM for the front.

A07emb.jpg

Ordered some additional fuse holders and painted them white just because...

hayJvO.jpg

e3GcDC.jpg

Got some terminals for the front and rear batteries.  Also put in the "boom mats" to attempt to protect the door speakers as I have noticed water inside the door shell.  Don't really notice any sound difference.

yAVeZ2.jpg

Switched decks back to the Pioneer AppRadio 3, tried out the old Kenwood but lack of Bluetooth was annoying.

gdnpqW.jpg

86E0mR.jpg

Found some bus bars with isolation bushings, and neat terminals going through a tote of old stuff.  Not sure if I will use the bus bars or not but thinking about using the terminals for new box build this winter.

ROuQBD.jpg

F3ewpH.jpg

Rebuild coming soon

• 2 weeks later...

Received dual alt kit from DC Power

EGlfuF.jpg

Got it all installed

Mv8jzo.jpg

Odd thing when I connect both alts to batteries I receive "Battery not Charging" error, yet batteries read 14.9 consistently.  When I disconnect the HO DC Power Alt (charging 14.9) and run only stock Alt (charging 14.4) error goes away.  Anyone experience this?  I understand that on the 03 there is no ECM set point, and when I ran just the DC Alt (charging 14.9) I never received this error.

Rebuild coming soon

Turns out that because the DC Alt charges higher it was shutting off the factory alt which is why I was getting the error message.  Switched the alt locations and error went away.

Got the wires ran under the truck and worked on cleaning it up a little bit.

uIZWbY.jpg

w6Q6QJ.jpg

DG5yGp.jpg

chjWjc.jpg

Rebuild coming soon

44 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Fuck Ya man!!! Looks good!

Thank you, getting excited to get the new amps in.  I'm hoping the Wolfram 4500 makes the subs move a little more and the Wolfram 125.4 makes the mids and highs louder.

Rebuild coming soon

Archived