Sundown Audio

Earthquake PHD10000W2

Magnus Munk

Hello.

I own an older EarthQuake PHD10000W/2 - but honestly i  do not know much about it.
I have a feeling that it might only be stable 2 ohm, but i am not sure? Do anyone have any information regardless to stability , power rating, or other funny buisness about this amp?

Pictures,

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ajknz5E0BFD-g_1oeijwSK4nmQggXw

Best regards, Magnus.

Best Regards
Whazz - The Friendly Dane

My first build log - A Renault Clio II from 2002

Your amp specs state that it will produce 5000 watts at 1 ohm.  It does not specify if those watts are RMS, peak, nominal, max or anything else.  The manual that 'never knows best' provided a link does include an amplifier that is most likely very very similar in specs.  It should be written 'PH10000W/D1'.  It recommends the use of a 120 amp fuse, which suggests that it may only be somewhere in the range of 1200-1500 watts RMS.

I imagine the '10000' part suggests 10kw max/peak power and the 5kw rating may represent what they say is 5kw RMS...but a lot of makers have been known to print bull crap numbers in order to sell gear.  BigDWiz features some tests on the Earthquake line of amps on his Youtube channel and you may be able to get an idea of what kind of quality and honesty that came from that brand.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Thank you!

Where did you find the 5kw@1 rating? :) I would suggest that means it is 1 ohm stable? That is what im most curious about, to know what to run it at.

Yeah, i do know that i should not expected rated - i also notice the 2 awg power inputs, but for what i paid it will be my start up amp while i save up for bigger and better. :) I figured, rather low on power, that no power at All ;)

Best Regards
Whazz - The Friendly Dane

My first build log - A Renault Clio II from 2002

Archived