148.2 db at 26hz Help?

BMS

So I have 6 12s and i wanted opinions and suggestions. They are power acoustic gothic gw-124 from walmart. they are place holders for the real subs. I just got my spl labs mini meter. I am tuned to 30 hz (i think i know thats kinda bad i don't know for sure) and the resonant frequency free air of these subs is 32.9 and  from my perception i felt that 32hz was my loudest frequency but i could see a huge amount of flex from lower frequencies. So my real loudest note is 26 hz. with the back windows open i score 146.1 db but if i pop the hatch 148.2 db. So wtf should i do i can't drive around with my hatch open all the time. Why does it get louder when i pop the hatch or back windows? and what should i do if i would like to make my loudest note more around 29-30hz keep in mind my actual subs which arent hear yet have an fs of 30 hz and have totally different t/s parameters.

A lot of guys find the stuff gets louder with their windows open. 146 is loud as fk, especially from wallyworld speakers.  You may try to seal off the back from the front more, to keep the sonic energy going to the front instead of the back.  What kind of vehicle?

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Well, I think your options for achieving max SPL will be to build a wall in that thing.  Other than that, soundproof the crap out of that thing and you can eke out more db.  I would recommend starting a build page so others here can see what you are working with. 

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

People will press on the doors during a sound competition because it helps a lil, and getting the most outta the sub having them fire towards the back of the van instead of the front for a better reverb then just hitting the front.

I know it is not the same but I had my 2 Crossfire DB 12's  hit 142.2dB with facing the back of the trunk, I reversed them and only hit 139.9dB.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

This is a link to the section of the forum where you can create a thread to share fotos and stuff about your car and audio gear.  Look through the various member builds for ideas!

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived