3 hours ago, AlpineNut said:

Nostalgic value means nothing when it comes to a sub that does not even compare to it's predecessor and you can buy the older versions for damn near 1/2 to 3/4's the price

But people are buying it because they where loud back in the 90s when you rolled up to a bass competition burping 80-120hz, with some even cheating using tone doubler pedals for guitars to burp 240hz with the 120hz (or whatever the highest track was on the same disc that everyone had to use), or playing Flashdance...

I would hope it would be better than its predecessor (not worse) because the predecessor is not that great at all by todays standards or even 2010 standards for that matter.
Its still using a cloth surround, how long before that starts to have stress marks or even tears, because that was a problem back in the day, and still a problem on many Pro Audio subwoofers to this day. 
I wouldnt even pay $300 for a new one because that opens up a lot of options that will eat that thing for lunch.. 

To each their own I guess. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

But people are buying it because they where loud back in the 90s when you rolled up to a bass competition burping 80-120hz, with some even cheating using tone doubler pedals for guitars to burp 240hz with the 120hz (or whatever the highest track was on the same disc that everyone had to use), or playing Flashdance...

I would hope it would be better than its predecessor (not worse) because the predecessor is not that great at all by todays standards or even 2010 standards for that matter.
Its still using a cloth surround, how long before that starts to have stress marks or even tears, because that was a problem back in the day, and still a problem on many Pro Audio subwoofers to this day. 
I wouldnt even pay $300 for a new one because that opens up a lot of options that will eat that thing for lunch.. 

To each their own I guess. 

wasn't there a disc made by the gates that had one frequency on the left channel and a different frequency on the right? i swear i remember that.

Did anyone find out if they are really loud like they said?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

On 5/30/2018 at 10:08 AM, Ninja_v1.0 said:

anyone know who owns that truck.. curious to see what numbers the most musical truck in all of texas does

:ninja:

Here is the video of the truck in question.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

13 hours ago, tdsa23 said:

Did anyone find out if they are really loud like they said?

They aren't $1600 loud.  The physics is not there for that.  I think they are targeting the Bose-buying kind of people.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

165.8 i believe  look up sound evolution on facebook.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Episode 4:

This fellow talked so much crap in this episode...  For example, a speaker wire dropped off and he didn't even know it and had to call Cerwin Vega...  He couldn't have just looked at the speaker and saw that  it wasnt moving?  If you choose to watch it you'll also cringe at some of the other crap he talks.

$1600 each for those subs was a disservice to the customer...  imo, anyway.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Get major douche chills from the guy, not sure if it's just a on camera persona or not.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Archived